• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SmokyDiesel

205 Diesel Turbo - Fast Idle Sensor

SmokyDiesel

Hi there,

The fast idle sensor on my '93 Diesel Turbo has decided to pack up - the cable doesn't move regardless of whether the car's hot or cold.

Went in to ECP but they don't stock them - does anyone know of the part number please so I can search elsewhere?

It's the sensor that's bolted into the thermostat housing (30mm hex housing) and has a long cable to pull/push the fast idle lever on the Lucas diesel pump.

Thanks,

Steve

SmokyDiesel
Hi there,

The fast idle sensor on my '93 Diesel Turbo has decided to pack up - the cable doesn't move regardless of whether the car's hot or cold.

Went in to ECP but they don't stock them - does anyone know of the part number please so I can search elsewhere?

It's the sensor that's bolted into the thermostat housing (30mm hex housing) and has a long cable to pull/push the fast idle lever on the Lucas diesel pump.

Thanks,

Steve

Aha - followed the guide on here to using Service Box and it appears I need part no. 164762 - time to phone a Pug garage and see what price they offer (if they still stock them)!

omega

got a lucus pump of a 309 diesel[ non turbo] will have a look when i get home if its got the part you need

SmokyDiesel
got a lucus pump of a 309 diesel[ non turbo] will have a look when i get home if its got the part you need

Thanks chap - much appreciated but hopefully I'm sorted. Local Pug dealer says he'll get one for Wednesday morning and it's only £21 + VAT.

Of course, if he fails to deliver I'll be back to pester you! :)

Cheers,

Steve

SmokyDiesel

Sorted - Pug dealer in Old Woking was as good as his word.

Part number is 1647 62 if anyone else ever needs one!