• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scottish_lion

Random Meeting Of Members

scottish_lion

I was at Alton Towers the other day with my g/f, and the only other people at our B&B were this other young couple. He came up to me in the evening and commented on the car (choccy's old Graphite 1.9 with white wheels) and said he's got a mint CTi in white on carbs, at home. He's on here, Pike_1.9cti, his name is Ben. We chatted till our other halfs were more than pissed-off and had a look at phone pics of eachothers cars (my steel grey too).

I just thought it was really random and really cool that once again, this forum and this iconic and awesome little car are bringing people together.

Any similar experiences?

Daviewonder

I went on holiday to a hotel in Spain and found one of my old school mates was working as a barman there :D

boombang

I went to school with a lad some 15 years ago, school was about half hour from my parents.

Got a temp job about 8 years ago in my town and he was there as a temp too, ended up working together for a few weeks.

Last year joined VX220.org.uk when I was thinking of buying one, someone posted about a big drive out, meeting at their house about 45 mins from me. As there was an S2000 and an Elise going (other cars was considering), made the drive.

Turned up and it was his house!

MrG

I went for an interview in Jersey a number of years back for a job to replace a guy who was going back to the mainland, turned out to be a guy I worked alongside 8 years previously! Small world.

Pugnut

a few weeks ago i went to the Democratic Republic of Congo to join a ship for a week. Met a guy onboard from my neck of the woods and found out we both went out with the same girl about 20 years ago!!

jeremy

Went on Holiday to America 20 years ago with my parents. About a week or so before we flew my grandmother mention to my dad that his cousin was also going to be in America on holiday too. Now that might not be anything amazing but they were in the same hotel in the same week two floors directly above us. Thankfully we all got on.

1.9er

Have I got the topic wrong or do you mean a random meeting of forum members on the off chance of being in the same place at the same time?

I bumped into forum member aCe last year in Hayes after he pulled up at the traffic lights in his 205 and I was on my bicycle heading to work.Noticed the 205 Gti forum stickers on his 205, before getting his attention and having a brief chat.

Veero

Back at Easter last year when my Mi loom fried itself, just before the actual smoke from the dash occurred my 205 broke down and conked out right outside a garage. Chap comes wandering over wiping his hands on a rag. Only turned out to be Pugger on here!

hexhamstu

I went home to see my parents and my brother was there.

scottish_lion

Good Stories guys, it is a really small world for sure!