• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

Throttle Position Sensor

hcmini1989

right ive recently changed my car back to a standard manifold.and realised my megasquirt isnt reading any low throttle at all it jumps from 0 to about 75% .now i pressume the tps is a switch rather than a potentiometer am i right .its an mi16 tps.

if this is the case is the gti6 the same .and can the gti6 tps sensor be swapped for the mi16 one or are they diffren fitments

welshpug

1.9 or 2.0? 1.9 is a switch, 2.0 and gti6 are potentiometers.

hcmini1989

cheers mate ive only just realised im getting no low end throttle .its a 1.9 mi16

are they interchangable as i was going to go down the scrappy to pinch one off a gti6 or 2.0 xsi etc .just need to know if itll fit the mi throttle body

hcmini1989
cheers mate ive only just realised im getting no low end throttle .its a 1.9 mi16

are they interchangable as i was going to go down the scrappy to pinch one off a gti6 or 2.0 xsi etc .just need to know if itll fit the mi throttle body

right after a fair bit of searching ive found that the 2.0 mi should fit .but im not 100% on this can anyone confirm this

rallysteve
right after a fair bit of searching ive found that the 2.0 mi should fit .but im not 100% on this can anyone confirm this

Think it will do, they use the same TB on the 1.9 and 2.0 i think.

Steve

welshpug
Think it will do, they use the same TB on the 1.9 and 2.0 i think.

Steve

no, they are VERY different, but I don't know if the throttle pot off a 2.0 will fit sorry.

pugpete1108

just pm'd ya liam.

will a std gti tps work? fitment wise ? i'm sure megasquirt will be ok with it???

pug_ham
will a std gti tps work? fitment wise ? i'm sure megasquirt will be ok with it???

The throttle switch from a standard Jetronic (or Motronic M1.3) 205 GTI will work on an otherwise standard ecu for an MI16 but like Mei says, its a simple open & closed switch unlike the potentionmeter thats fitted to the later ecu's such as those on the 2.0l Mi, GTI-6 etc & aftermarket systems like DTA & Emerald etc need a proper potentionmeter type TPS.

Graham.

hcmini1989
The throttle switch from a standard Jetronic (or Motronic M1.3) 205 GTI will work on an otherwise standard ecu for an MI16 but like Mei says, its a simple open & closed switch unlike the potentionmeter thats fitted to the later ecu's such as those on the 2.0l Mi, GTI-6 etc & aftermarket systems like DTA & Emerald etc need a proper potentionmeter type TPS.

Graham.

yes mate just need to know if any of the others (potentiometers) .Will fit the 1.9 mi16 throttle body

pug_ham

I was answering Pete's post but I've got a standard TPS somewhere so I'll measure & compare it with the MP3.1 / MM8P tps's I have spare & see if the mounting hole spacings match.

Graham.

pug_ham

The TPS I have spare from an MM8P car fits the 8v TB TPS bolt spacings exactly so it should be the same on the Mi TB seeing as they use the same switch.

Graham.

hcmini1989
The TPS I have spare from an MM8P car fits the 8v TB TPS bolt spacings exactly so it should be the same on the Mi TB seeing as they use the same switch.

Graham.

Do you have a part number for that TPS from the MM8P

Right ive done abit of digging and is it the same tps as this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-106-CITROEN-...=item5ad33e4f4f

thanks

Edited by hcmini1989

pug_ham

Only number on the TPS body is CP90/018 1991.

Made by Solex but I can't find a similar looking one on ebay.

Graham.

sport1901966

Apologies for digging this thread up again but I may be able to add more to this that may help others.

Graham does (did) the TPS you were refering to look like this, it is also pug part number 19200F, also from a 306 2.0i Cabriolet

Also does it use a standard Junior Power Timer connector?

99019.jpg

Geoff

Edited by sport1901966

pug_ham

Geoff, I have one that does look like that but the TPS I took the numbers from above looked like the one below;

post-71-1287067710_thumb.jpg

It takes the normal three pin junior power timer plug.

Graham.

sport1901966

That's interesting because I found a couple if websites listing the number you put up - cp90/018 as a magneti matelli part and the image I found is of that part number. Could it be the same (electromechanically and mounting dimensions) just a different case?

Geoff

pug_ham

Strangely its from a car using a Magnet Marelli MM8P ecu but says Solex on the case.

I have others with the same numbers on but no brand name so I guess they are made for several companies in the same case just some without branding.

Graham.

sport1901966

That would make sense? Do you think the one I pictured would fit to the Mi16 throttle body?

pug_ham
Do you think the one I pictured would fit to the Mi16 throttle body?

The one I have that's the same as you pictured has the same hole spacing as the Solex Magnet one I posted which means it ought to fit but the Mi TB spindle might be the wrong shape.

The original 8v TB has a D shaped spindle where the one fitted to the ZX tb using MP3.1 has a flatened spindle to fit into the TPS.

I lined the one I have up with an 8v TB by eye & the holes look right.

Graham.

sport1901966

Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out on ebay and chance one if its cheap!

pug_ham

Geoff, I've got a TB & TPS from an MP3.1 405 SRi which is the same as the Mi TB but slightly smaller butterflies in the TB iirc if you're interested (proper TPS not the switch as found on jetronic & motronic).

Graham.

sport1901966

I want to stick with the standard Mi throttle body for now but if the TPS would fit the Mi TB would you be willing to sell that separately, if so how much would you want?

pug_ham

The TPS from the SRi TB won't fit the Mi TB (different hole spacing & spindle) but I think the spindle could be swapped across so you keep the standard body butterfly sizes etc & I might have a spare solex type tps.

I'll have a look & let you know.

Graham.

sport1901966

That would be great thanks!