• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeXS

Massively Overgrown 205

GeorgeXS

A little project for myself over the Easter holidays. It is now mine for a grand total of £0.00, but needs a few bit of shrubery moving before i get to it :)

th_P1020261.jpg

th_P1020262.jpg

th_P1020270.jpg

Is being broken for parts and everyting will be up for grabs at some point, PM me if your after something.

Tom Fenton

Bloody hell! So go on, I'd love to know the story of how that got there/like that and how you found it?

GeorgeXS
Bloody hell! So go on, I'd love to know the story of how that got there/like that and how you found it?

Well, i don't know why it was laid up but someone i know lives next door and he says its been there at least the ten years he's lived there.

My uncle used to deliver papers to the houses round it and spotted it.

These few houses its near are behind a nursing home a few hundred metres from the A1.

Seriously did a double take first time i saw it, couldn't beleive it was there!!

welshpug

spotlamps dont look too bad for ten years old :) what model is it? not even an XS by the looks of the front valence, maybe a trio?

GeorgeXS
spotlamps dont look too bad for ten years old :) what model is it? not even an XS by the looks of the front valence, maybe a trio?

Spotlamps are in perfect nick, its an XE, and everything is practically seized on it.

Cant move it couldnt even open it, had to bring out mr hammer to get inside

GeorgeXS
th_P1020266.jpg

Daniel185

nice find :)

swordfish210

Nice find, i wish i could just discover a car lying around. Is it me or is that an Auto bonnet?

j_turnell

Quality! Get the jetwasher out!

miamichris

cool find, what is an XE anyway? a 1.1?

Jemehan

nah that isnt an auto, i have an auto bonnet and the middle is raised a fair bit more than that. Maybe it was waiting to pounce out on a 205 fanatic.....got bored, fell asleep then a 205 fanatic pounced on it!.....10years later...

DaveW

Jetwash it, first time start up...

jeremy

There is a Toyota down the road from me, that is pretty much the same state, however I doubt it even has a floor in it anymore, however well done.

An XE is about the most basic of all 205s you are ever likely to find. It has a 954cc engine and everything on them is manual even down to the choke.

GeorgeXS

Hey dont knock the manual choke!

And its lovely 4-speed box!

No its not an auto bonnet, just aload of crap on it kind of makes it look like one.

The shell is pretty solid, on the drivers side at least, cant see the passengers side yet!

Haha i would love it to start first time, too much wildlife in it, keep finding dead spiders literally everywhere.

Also, does anyone know how to remove the non-opening rear windows and seals??

Edited by GeorgeXS

swordfish210
Also, does anyone know how to remove the non-opening rear windows and seals??

Take a swing and smash the glass with your elbow :) Thats what i did when i pikied the seals from a scrapyard. The windows tend to be useless afterwards though

miamichris
Take a swing and smash the glass with your elbow :) Thats what i did when i pikied the seals from a scrapyard. The windows tend to be useless afterwards though

would that be because they are broken into 1000 pieces? :huh:

swordfish210
would that be because they are broken into 1000 pieces? :)

Yep, fun to do though :huh:

GeorgeXS
Yep, fun to do though :)

Indeed, i had to bosh the drivers front window in, because all the locks have seized up.

Very fun! now i just have to climb through a glass ridden window to get into an even more glass ridden interior. Damn stuff has gone everywhere

stew205

Good find!

The girlfriend and I were on a walk last weekend up near Derby. As we passed through a small village we came across two sorry looking 205Gti's.

Both cars were phase1's, one was Red the other white.

The 205's looked as though they had been standing for some time. They had moss growing out of the stress cracks

Luckily the owner of the yard was there. He told us both cars had been there for 8 years :)

I left my number for him to pass on to the owner. Will wait and see if he makes contact!

GeorgeXS
Good find!

The girlfriend and I were on a walk last weekend up near Derby. As we passed through a small village we came across two sorry looking 205Gti's.

Both cars were phase1's, one was Red the other white.

The 205's looked as though they had been standing for some time. They had moss growing out of the stress cracks

Luckily the owner of the yard was there. He told us both cars had been there for 8 years <_<

I left my number for him to pass on to the owner. Will wait and see if he makes contact!

The XE does have a small tree growing in the back, yet to find out where its got in from

Henry Yorke
The XE does have a small tree growing in the back, yet to find out where its got in from

Cut the tree in half and count the rings in the trunk. That will tell you how long the 205 has been stood for :P

spark-plug

lol awsome find!! is the shell that bad? MOT it lol car with a story :P. just put some oil in second battery braaap brrap braaaaaaap BANG lol

mr_exe

I wonder how many miles its done?

GeorgeXS
I wonder how many miles its done?

137000 ish

Quite a lot consider it can only have been on the road 10 years max!!