• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andy Mack

Bumper Assembly

Guest Andy Mack

Hi,

Well i finally got my car back from the body shop guy(he was a right F&^% A£$&) and he couldnt fit the bumper because the front bumper irons were too badly bent.

I went to Peugeot to get some more. But it turnes out i need like a million brackets and thingmy bobs and stuff. How and what do i need to get??

The car still has the mushroom bits sticking out either side. And the new bumper has what looks to be the slide brackets with the mushroom heads stuck in them.

So how does it go together? Will i need new mushroom bits? Do they slide into the brackets on the bumper?

Do all 205's have the same bumper assembly? Can i goto a scrappy and take bits off any 205 for the bumper?

Cheers

Andy

Bally

All the front fixings are the same, but the side fixings on the gti is different to the normal models.

Guest doughboy

Thankfully all the little fixings come as a pack.

Part number 6994.53, about 17 or 18 quid per bumper.

Guest Andy Mack

Is that everything except the bumper irons? Does it have the slides and mushroom bits all together?

I was in a Peugeot trying to find what bits I need and they guy didnt mention it.

Also he gave me a bumper iron to go look at my car to figure out what goes where and how it all connects. But the thread on the iron was too long to fit the iron in the front. Is that the way they go? or do i need to feed it through from the back?

Guest daz205

i`m going to change my bumpers for black ones and i`m wondering after reading everyones nightmares with siezed bits what i should buy to make sure it goes smoothly

what new bits should i buy?

Guest doughboy

Is that everything except the bumper irons? Does it have the slides and mushroom bits all together?

I was in a Peugeot trying to find what bits I need and they guy didnt mention it.

Also he gave me a bumper iron to go look at my car to figure out what goes where and how it all connects. But the thread on the iron was too long to fit the iron in the front. Is that the way they go? or do i need to feed it through from the back?

This is what you get.

fixing kit

Guest Andy Mack
This is what you get.

fixing kit

ah so you dont get the mushroom bits and the slides that they go into. hmmm I think what I'm going to have to do is find a GTI in a scrappies and then take it all off and see whats what. Although chances are that it will be all seized up, and I'll need to order them new. hmmmmm dunno

Does anyone know if you can print the page from the Parts CD?? If you could then i could work out what bits io need and so forth. Can anyone help? I dont have the CD anymore.

Sign in to follow this