• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craig89

Powt And Ewt Paint Codes

Craig89

Hi everyone. Im have a bit of an issue, i have an alpine white 205 and have just had 2 new front wings fitted and painted. The painter asked if i knew the paint code so i said POWT as i thought that is what it was, but he said he couldn't find a paint with that code, he could only find EWT. After searching this also appeared to be alpine white so i said go for it. Now i have collected it the colour match is no where near. So does POWT exist and are there any differences between it and EWT? Or is the difference just down to the fade of the original?

Any help would be great cheers, Craig

jeremy_spoke_in

POWT does exist i just got some mixed up yesterday

Daviewonder

Heres the white peugeot codes

APLINE WHITE 974346 974290 P0 WT 1574

Blanc Meije

BIANCA WHITE 986252 986084 P3 WP / EW PB

Blanc Banquise

CORFU WHITE 986037 P0WB

Blanc Corfu

GLACIER WHITE 986292 9860F2 P0 WH

Blanc

;)

allanallen

White 205s confuse the hell out of me. I have 2 apparently alpine whit 205s, I've bought various different brands of rattle cans in alpine white and its nothing bloody like. Its like a yellowey colour? I bought peugeot arctic white in the end and its virtually spot on.........

steve@cornwall

I think the "o" means it's lacquered ? - not all are.

lagonda

The white on my CTi (late 89) is EWL. So there are others out there. Wonder what moron at Peugeot thought it would be a great idea to change the shade of white used every few months....berk!

This of course won't be entirely disconnected from the fact that my doors are a different shade to the rest of the car. Thanks Peugeot.

Daviewonder

BIANCA WHITE 986252 986084 P3 WP / EW PB

Blanc Banquise

Just realised this one is wrong, it should be PO WP instead.

Edited by Daviewonder

Baz

Most Gti's are Bianca white pre '90, then they're Alpine White.

Bianca is the creamier, dull one, and Alpine is the fresher, sharper white.

welshpug

thought it was the other way round Baz? I say that as I had a Bianca Phase 1 306 DTurbo that was very very clean and had the Bianca code, it was nothing like the colour of my 1989 205.

Craig89

Yeah i think its Alpine white that is creamier and Bianca is brighter. Mine is a 93 Rallye which i thought were all Alpine white (apart from the yellow ones obviously) and seen as i couldnt find the paint code in the engine bay (must have been painted over in the past) i just told the painter POWT. He comes back and tells me the paint code is EWT? But the painted wings are creamier (if theres such a word) not a massive difference, but noticeable. Presumably the original paint has just faded? Im having the doors and rear quarters painted later on this week but without having a full respray is there any ways to get a better match of colour or blend it in?

Cheers, Craig

Baz

Ohh, it may be then, i always get them mixed up! :lol::blush:

welshpug

:blush:

I think also what confirms that is that mine is the same colour as Pugtop's two P1's, and Matt Selby's Bianca T16 is quite a lot brighter, its hard to look at that car without B) too :lol:

Tom Fenton

I think the lads are right Baz, my old 405 Mi16 was Alpine, more creamy/yellow compared to Bianca, which is brighter and sharper.

However I've just done a little repair on my Partner van which I thought was Bianca, and the Bianca looks creamy compared to whatever colour the van is. Bloody Peugeot.

toddydal

i thought they where the same,but there is about 20 varients for it,redder,bluer,greener, yellower,lighter,etc,etc,etc and every one of the varients could be totaly different from each other