• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dcc

C2 Vts And 106 Gti *head Differences*

dcc

I have spent a few hours searching but not able to find exactly what I want to know, so im going to ask!

what are the pattern differences in the head?

eg - exhaust studs, inlet studs, ports, height...

I want to buy a head, get all the work done (by this i mean 3 angle seats and better cams fitted) and have it ready to litterally just bolt straight onto a 106 gti engine without any worry.

RossD

Different valve sizes, the JP4 head has slightly bigger valves. Don't get too excited though, they are much of a muchness when ported and properly developed to your spec.

Batfink

you would need bigger cut outs on your pistons too if you want to run the C2 head.

allanallen

Inlet stud pattern is different, Theirs enough room to drill and tap out the j4 pattern ones though. IIRC you'll also need to swap the valve collets and possibly springs for the j4 ones with cam upgrades.

Steffrallye

it does :) lol, theres a few pics in there, ill up date it now too so theres a few more :D,

Matt180

They have a bigger combustion chamber so lower's CR :D . Also have different water ways for better cooling!