• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Silky

Wiring For All Front Indicators

Silky

Some of you may have read about the engine change I have been doing recently which also entailed swapping the engine looms too.

Obviously with the loom swap I had to disconnect all the loom which attached to the front headlights and indicators.

The new loom is pretty much the same, only missing one connector for the nearside sidelight.

I have wired it all back in and the main beams work, the sidelight doesn't come on for the above reason.

However none of the front indicators work (wing and next to headlight). Are they on a seperate power loom or do they have a seperate earth ?

I have plugged in the yellow earth blocks next to the headlights, all seems to be connected up ok but nothing is happening.

If anyone has any ideas I can try then please let me know, thanks.

ade 4wd

I would double check the earth block near the head lamp, the indicator, side light and headlights all earth there. Once disturbed they are prone a to poor connection.

boombang

To rule out the earthing issue, dettach the block from the chassis and run a wire directly to the negative battery terminal.

If they work, its just not earthing through the block.