• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
d7ve_b

Calling All Paint People...

Paulmac19

they will need to paint the bonnet to get the match right,i would have painted the bonnet as well to get the match right

I would be removing those pliers or you will have to get the bonnet painted ;)

extremely hard to match nearly twenty year old paint but this should have been pointed out to you before they started

omega

jake

fair play to you for having the guts to come on here and say sorry

maybe customer care needs working on a bit before it gets to the nasty letter stage as it is so easy to get a bad name in a customer focused industrie

a good idea might be to give all 205 forum drivers a discount

welcome to the forum.

cuprajake

haha we try not to have dad get in to any contact with customers, lol

as for the discount on all forums we offer discounted labour rates of £29 from £35 as this adds up, our paint prices are all ready low

jake

ORB

I have been in the motor trade for a very long time. My comments would be as follows.

- I respect you very much for coming back on here and taking the time to try to make good of the situation. A+

- Any quality painter worth his salt will look at the car after he has finished and spot any issues, issues could include contamination, reactions and of course the obvious Colour Matching. Is it fair to say that it is a poor standard of work if the painter does not spot that there is not a colour match? And even a lower standard if the painter spots the missmatch and fails to rectify it.

- Miami is a tough colour, I am aware of this from when my old G reg car had a few bits doing to it. My painter rang me the day before I was going to collect and told me to hold off for another day as he was struggling to get a PERFECT colour match. The point being he would not let me take it until he was 100% happy with his work. (Same happened with one of my Sorrento's he painted, but this is a REAL pig of a colour)

- Finally, I do not care what business you are in, if you are the boss of the firm, and you speak to customers in this way you do not deserve anyones business.

But, once again, respect for sorting it and respect for speaking up on this forum.

ORB

(I do not wish my comments to cause argument, I meerly state my observations)

cuprajake

like i say i can only appologise about my dad, when i saw the colour i did say thats not the best, and said rework it right away, but my dad being his usual opposite self said no!! i think this is the main reason he got so uppety in the first place.

anyway all resolved now, just wanted people to know, and atleast we have a bang on match now haha

d7ve_b

I've been meaning to finish off this thread with a feedback post but never got round to it for many uninteresting reasons. Now the thread has been resurrected I suppose its only right that I add my two penneth :)

cuprajake - fair play for coming on the forum to give some feedback from your perspective, i'm sure it's all sincere and not part of any social marketing strategy.........only joking, good on you ;)

But back to the car. The final job is a much better match and I am much happier with it. The areas where the rust have been tackled also look good so I have no complaints there. If it'd been like this the first time round then I would only have had good things to report on the forum and there's a good chance you would have gained some more business through it (which would've included me as i'm still after getting my bonnet sorted).

There are a few things however that i'm not 100% happy with, and seen as you're here I might as well state them (I had considered coming back to you to discuss them but thought it wasn't a good idea given the reaction the last time I came back!).

- Yesterday was the first time since having the work done that I used the car in the rain (and oh boy did it rain), and it seems that there is a leak on the passnger door which wasn't present before the door was changed. It's leaking into the footwell from the front, bottom corner where the door should meet the sill. I haven't investigated the cause yet but I would assume either something isn't lined up or that there is a door seal issue, as the road noise also seems louder from that side of the car now.

- The front end of the front passenger wing arch trim, where it connects to the front bumper, seems to have been stuck on with some kind of putty? The problems are that the putty is white which is pretty obvious to the naked eye, and it doesn't pull the trim close enough to close the gap, hence the white putty is even more obvious. I appreciate that the body trim might be difficult to attach, but when there's white bond on show it does suggest that something isn't quite right....?

- The car has remote central locking, but the passenger door will now not lock the until the car has been locked, unlocked and then re-locked by the key fob. This sounds like a small thing but the car beeps when you lock it, beeps twice when you unlock it and then beeps again when you re-lock it, therefore my neighbours aren't best pleased when I park up outside my house and I look like a total spaz when parking in public car parks.

These might seem like small things to some people, but when your using a service provider to try and restore something to it's former glory it's frustrating that it comes back with some new faults (205's can generate enough faults by themselves, they don't require help from others).

And that's about it for my two penneth :)

cuprajake

just call back down with it bud, but try to say away from 12-1:30 as thats dinner time,

theres always a risk when using second hand/non genuine parts as you dont know the qualiry or wether anything has been damaged before, just look at the first do you brought haha

hopefully there will be some adjustment and we can jet wash it to make sure there is no more ingress of water.

we can look at the locking too, the trim will be something and nothing tbh.

regards jake

GLPoomobile

As I read this sentance, thought it was going to end with...

just call back down with it bud, but try to say away from 12-1:30 as thats when my dad is around

:)

That trim problem is probably a broken locating lug at the front. It goes in through the bumper and is secured behind by one of those nasty barbed washers. It's very easy to snap off the lug, meaning you've got no way for the trim to be pulled in tight to the bumper. Although I'm sure a bodyshop may be able to come up with a solution (maybe get something similar plastic welded on to the back of the arch).

Hopefully the leak will just be the door seal not in place properly in the corner. As they shrink over time, if you put them back so that the 2 ends meet up nicely with no gap in between, you'll usually find you'll then have a gap in one of the corners where the seal isn't pushed flush up against the body.

mickie

my 2p, dave seems very quick to complain to the world about his troubles..

i'd have a lot to say on the internet if i were the same..

next time maybe point out your problems straight away before letting it all out on the internet ?

it seems like it really hasnt took too much hastle to get the car sorted.

d7ve_b
just call back down with it bud, but try to say away from 12-1:30 as thats dinner time,

theres always a risk when using second hand/non genuine parts as you dont know the qualiry or wether anything has been damaged before, just look at the first do you brought haha

hopefully there will be some adjustment and we can jet wash it to make sure there is no more ingress of water.

we can look at the locking too, the trim will be something and nothing tbh.

regards jake

Cheers for the offer Jake, I'll drop in and you can have look. The front wing was brand new and genuine pug, but the door was a used genuine item therefore it could be out somewhere.

As I read this sentance, thought it was going to end with...

:)

That trim problem is probably a broken locating lug at the front. It goes in through the bumper and is secured behind by one of those nasty barbed washers. It's very easy to snap off the lug, meaning you've got no way for the trim to be pulled in tight to the bumper. Although I'm sure a bodyshop may be able to come up with a solution (maybe get something similar plastic welded on to the back of the arch).

Hopefully the leak will just be the door seal not in place properly in the corner. As they shrink over time, if you put them back so that the 2 ends meet up nicely with no gap in between, you'll usually find you'll then have a gap in one of the corners where the seal isn't pushed flush up against the body.

Thanks for the advice GLP :)

my 2p, dave seems very quick to complain to the world about his troubles..

i'd have a lot to say on the internet if i were the same..

next time maybe point out your problems straight away before letting it all out on the internet ?

it seems like it really hasnt took too much hastle to get the car sorted.

Thanks for the input mickie, but TBH if I was 'quick to complain about my troubles' then I wouldn't have posted my recent issues up over 3 MONTHS after the most recent work was done. I only replied to the thread as I was the original poster and the thread was resurrected by others. Regarding pointing out my recent problems, I've already stated why I hadn't been back to the shop to query them, because resolving the original issue was so much hassle in the first place. On balance I looked at the severity of the issues and the likely reception I'd get if I went back and decided I could live without the hassle (I do have other things to do in my life), but Jake has now kindly offered to take another look at the car so everyones happy.

Also I don't really think you're in a position to comment on the amount of hassle endured. If my experience seems light in comparison to your own previous experiences then I feel sorry for you!

muddatrucker

Out of interest how much would a general bonnet respray cost?

cuprajake

bonnet £95 belnd the wings £45 each depends upon the colour really, but being down couth you may need to add on another £100 with the north/south divide