• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
2-Pugs

Rear Window Seal

2-Pugs

Hoping someone can help. I need to remove (for painting) and then replace the rear window outer rubber seal. I'd like to buy a new one from Peugeot. Has anyone bought one recently, if so can you recall the part number? The closest I can get on servicebox is 8745 37 as shown in the diagram below. But it is not clear if that is the inner or outer seal, or whether the two are supplied together. Obviously I don't want to order it if it's the wrong bit.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

post-86-1269508526_thumb.jpg

M@tt

I'm pretty sure its a single seal that the glass sits in the middle of

I cut the outer bit off mine when i had my tailgate painted and then sikaflex'd it back in afterwards

TBH it was a complete PITA to try and refit!! Your best bet is to cheese wire the whole window out and fit the new seal completely rather than fanny around trying to reuse just the outer bit

Edited by M@tt

Ren

Yep, it's just the one piece that sits round the outside of the glass. Technically it's also a trim not a seal as it is just for cosmetic purposes and the bond holding the window makes it watertight.

Miles

I'll have the part number next week hopefully when my normal parts man return's,

But as said it's a right PITA to fit

SurGie

Do you mean the boot window seal or the back seat window ones ?

Sorry only just noticed the picture B)

Edited by SurGie

willmounsey

part no. is 8745 37 and is the outer weather strip mate, i am after one myself but peugeot over here say that they dont stock it anymore but in the UK it might still be available.

Hopes this helps B)

Will

2-Pugs

Thanks all. Hmmmm, so got to decide whether to try and stick the old one back in place or buy a new one and fit it. Neither of which sound particularly easy

Rock << :) >>Hard place

M@tt

does your insurance cover rear windows just like your windscreen without affecting your no claims bonus?

could be worth a trip to your local autoglass place ask them if they could replace your rear windscreen but say it was a frontscreen and do it on the insurance. Would cost about £75 i would imagine

2-Pugs

Hmmm, not a bad idea M@tt I might well look into that :)

richsmells

I had the rear glass replaced for £120 by a local company. The fitter re-used the trim.

Edited by richsmells

Pugnut

Autofive still list the rear seal on their website, so either they have stock, or they are still avaliable, or their website needs updating?