• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
willo-1

North East Members

willo-1

I was just wondering how many north east members thair was on forum i hope this post is ok....

aeinstein

Me and Qwerty off've here live within about a mile of each other in Consett. I've dealt with a bunch of members from local (Durham, Sunderland etc) I'd rather let them join in this thread themselves instead of naming them though.

A bit off topic, but have you heard about the classic meet at the Toys r us carpark, Metro centre on the 2nd Wednesday of each month in summer? Me and Qwerty get down there. Metro centre management keep trying to stop it, but because it isn't organised by one club or group in particular, it is just loads of randoms in older cars that turn up and some buy a coffee from McDonalds, then spending the maximum 2 hours that customers are allowed, it is perfectly legal.

I'll be there next month. either in type 25 VW camper, or Qwerty 'might' have his mi there. There is everything from yanks, Fords, VWs, germans, (very rare to see a 205 there) anything retro really.

Sorry for the highjack, and if you've been, you'll know! :D

willo-1

Thanks buddy im just looking to see who else is local,. let me know when next meet is i may turn up.

samc

newcastle lad here :D heard about the metro centre meets but never been, might get there this year lol

hexhamstu

I used to live in newcastle and my parents still live in Hexham so I'm up there every now and then.

Rob Turbo

I'm not far from Bishop, although my 205 is spread all over the place and I have more important things than putting it back together to do at the minute!

gazzer

like above , im in middlesbrough but my cars still in bits all over a shed and two garages, been off the road since 2002 but should be up and running in a month or two

GeorgeXS

I'm at Scotch Corner! there is a north yorks 205 meet on sunday, at harewood hillclimb, may be a little far for some already posted but spread the word!!

aeinstein
I'm not far from Bishop, although my 205 is spread all over the place and I have more important things than putting it back together to do at the minute!

Thats my old car, right? I'll definitely consider buying it back off you if you want to sell it once its a 16v turbo! :D

Rob Turbo
Thats my old car, right? I'll definitely consider buying it back off you if you want to sell it once its a 16v turbo! :rolleyes:

It sure is, haven't done anything with it for ages, I'm in the process of buying a house so have no money and enough stress without looking at the 205, on the plus side, the house has a garage so seeing as I'll have very little cash while paying for the house I'll probably have more time on my hands to get cracking with it!

aeinstein
It sure is, haven't done anything with it for ages, I'm in the process of buying a house so have no money and enough stress without looking at the 205, on the plus side, the house has a garage so seeing as I'll have very little cash while paying for the house I'll probably have more time on my hands to get cracking with it!

Remember, I want a ride in it when its done, even if its not for sale. The 306 was epic, and that was half built, on slick (sorry, bald) tyres, in the wet!

th_106_0675.jpg

In happier times :rolleyes:

mickie

im up in consett, hoping to get the 205 finished this year

samc

whats left to do now mickie? havnt seen much on c4f lately

willo-1

anyone going to york easter weekend then......

willo-1
im up in consett, hoping to get the 205 finished this year

my old pug lives up that way red last 3letters is sef

mickie

no idea about that 205 willo, ive not lived here long, used to live over sunderland..

just need to finish exterior stuff samc, not much else after that, but keep getting side tracked by friends wanting help with stuff. :(

samc
anyone going to york easter weekend then......

hopefully my 205 will be sorted for it B)

and get it done mickie, tell ya m8s to wait lol

willo-1
no idea about that 205 willo, ive not lived here long, used to live over sunderland..

just need to finish exterior stuff samc, not much else after that, but keep getting side tracked by friends wanting help with stuff. :D

thairs a couple of my old 205 gti,s living in sunderland also F405 CHERRY RED white g reg carnt remember reg.. but saying that ive had many

willo-1
hopefully my 205 will be sorted for it :D

and get it done mickie, tell ya m8s to wait lol

should get n/east members to help ide be happy if bacon sarnies were on tap buddy

samc

lol bacon sarnies hmmmmmm. just getting the wheels pianted and built back up after respray, and then mot and taxed, all by next weekend lol

samc

i'm after a rear valance if any north east members can help. need it in next couple of days really, would have put it in wanted section but i havn't got time to wait for couriers etc if someone not local has one. cheers

mickie

i have one but it does come with a crack

samc

any pics?

chris-stdt

I live a few miles north of alnwick but im currently without a 205 due to writing mine off 3 weeks ago :)

samc

did you write the rear end off? lol