• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
floodys

K Plate 1.9 Grey Non Sunny Worth?

floodys

As per the title, i have just got a K plate non sunny GTI, the spec is basically no engine, v tidy shell apart from dent in tailgate and dent in drivers side quarter, good beam, V5, 1.9 alloys, no MOT

Now i cant decide what to do with it!! store it up and "one day" put a lump in it, MOT it etc and sell it like that?

or

sell it now as it is, if so what would anyone think its worth/give me lol!!!

or

strip it, buckets, cage, engine, MOT it sell as track car...

or

change all my stuff from my track car to it, thus having a later/tidyer track car?

omega

keep it as a spare for when you crash yours?

All Praise The GTI

£100 cash?? :lol:

pics needed really mate otherwise its just a guessing game

could be interested tho depending on price

:lol:

floodys

If i dont get a "decent" price for it i would just store it up for some day when i have the time to do something with it!! i would guess if it was MOT'd and back to standad it would be worth at least £1k? basd on e bay/looking at cars sold on here!! also, because its a late non sunny!

will put some pics up over weekend when i collect it!

dcc

you are looking at 400-800 for a standard car, condition and mileage are the main contributing factors. a fodler full of receipts mean it either been well kept and cared for , or abused too much and needed the repair!

does yours have any rust? headlight supports etc are prone to this.

from your description, you are looking at 600-800 with an engine.

floodys

no rust behind headlights, 600-800 for a K plate 1.9 NON SUNNY??? really christ!! i must have been looking somewhere wrong then thinking that a car like that was worth good money???

All Praise The GTI

£150 then :lol:

floodys

35mins between posts and £50 increase in price, reply in about 2.5ish hours and we are getting there!!! :lol:

Henry Yorke

Depends on the size of the dent in the rear quarter and the lacquer condition and rot. I think there are enough track cars out there now that less people convert and more people buy them ready done. A tidy car with a standard engine and T&T will fetch over £1500. Projects will fetch less. If you want something you need to paint then it will be from £400 upwards. It also depends where you sell it too

Baz

Non sunroof in reality doesn't mean alot, it's more about shell condition these days it seems.

Later ones aren't anything to be particularly shouting about either, lacquer and rust issues seem to be commonplace.

hexhamstu

I always go for 1989-1990 ones, these seem to have the best paintwork from what I've seen read. Without pictures how are we to know how bad the dents are? It could easily make £1500 with a mint interior and no rust, but with a dog s*it interior and a big dent in the rear quarter which is obviously not easily replaced, it could be worth a lot less. Get some photos up, they speak 100,000,000,000 words.

Silky

Floods, if it's got all the late interior in it (Grey Carpet, Grey Carpeted Console, Check Doorcards) then put it back together and sell as a standard car.

If it's not, then why not transfer all the bits from your black one into this and make it a nicer spare than your black one currently is