• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ilovemypug

Oil Leak Help

ilovemypug

hey i have an oil leak coming from behind the dizzy... i have tried to find any post here in the forum about this or a guide to help me through.. but i got no result.. i hate the search tool heheh

can anyone please help.

chears

Craig89
hey i have an oil leak coming from behind the dizzy... i have tried to find any post here in the forum about this or a guide to help me through.. but i got no result.. i hate the search tool heheh

can anyone please help.

chears

Is it the dizzy itself leaking, because i had this recently, it could be the o-ring on the dizzy that sits inside the head, or could be the actual dizzy like mine was.

However it could be the head gasket if it isnt the dizzy, are there any head gasket failure symptoms?

ilovemypug
Is it the dizzy itself leaking, because i had this recently, it could be the o-ring on the dizzy that sits inside the head, or could be the actual dizzy like mine was.

However it could be the head gasket if it isnt the dizzy, are there any head gasket failure symptoms?

im goint to take a pic

this is what the dizzy looks like from below..

post-11571-1268918261_thumb.jpg

post-11571-1268918270.jpg

Edited by ilovemypug

ilovemypug

while i wait ill just pop out and have a coffee

post-11571-1268918431.jpg

Craig89

Quite possibly o-ring on rotor arm. Remove the rotor arm and check the condtion of the o-ring and just the general condition of the dizzy as my dizzy body was leaking. Also with the dizzy off you will have more access to look at the side of the head/block if it is that what is leaking. Replace the o-ring regardless i would as they are cheap.

ilovemypug
Quite possibly o-ring on rotor arm. Remove the rotor arm and check the condtion of the o-ring and just the general condition of the dizzy as my dizzy body was leaking. Also with the dizzy off you will have more access to look at the side of the head/block if it is that what is leaking. Replace the o-ring regardless i would as they are cheap.

ok all i have to do is untighten the bolts right? and remove the whole dizzy? will any oil be flying out? ou just a litle trickle? or will it be ok?

Edited by ilovemypug

McDude

Could also be your dipstick tube is cracked and squirting oil up at the dizzy - worth checking, I resealed my dizzy a load of times only to find it wasn't the cause of the leak.

Craig89
ok all i have to do is untighten the bolts right? and remove the whole dizzy? will any oil be flying out? ou just a litle trickle? or will it be ok?

first remove the ignition coil that is positioned above the dizzy then mark the position of the dizzy by marking both the dizzy and what it is bolted to. then remove the 2 10mm nuts and pull the dizzy out. there will only be a trickle of oil, if any at all.

ilovemypug
Could also be your dipstick tube is cracked and squirting oil up at the dizzy - worth checking, I resealed my dizzy a load of times only to find it wasn't the cause of the leak.

how is this possible?

ilovemypug
first remove the ignition coil that is positioned above the dizzy then mark the position of the dizzy by marking both the dizzy and what it is bolted to. then remove the 2 10mm nuts and pull the dizzy out. there will only be a trickle of oil, if any at all.

ok the markings are to make sure i reposition it in the same spot right? and the oil trickle, would this be lubricate the actual dizzy?

cheers for the support B)

Craig89

yeah the dizzy has to be repositioned in the same place to keep the timing correct. there will be a bit of oil because you are pulling the dizzy out of the head but there will only be a bit

ilovemypug

cheers.. it turns out the idiot that put the engine in... (a so called mechanic) didnt tighten the boldts properly.. hence the leak.. any way the o-ring is mint.. all im putting is a bit of silicone gasket.. so it should be fine now.

thanks for the help guys..

=)

Craig89
cheers.. it turns out the idiot that put the engine in... (a so called mechanic) didnt tighten the boldts properly.. hence the leak.. any way the o-ring is mint.. all im putting is a bit of silicone gasket.. so it should be fine now.

thanks for the help guys..

=)

Didnt tighten the nuts down on the dizzy properly? At least it was an easy fix. Glad you sorted it