• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy_stdt

Stdt Alternator

Guest andy_stdt

hello - I'm a newbie on this forum and this was the introductory question that I asked in my forum registration - but it was the wrong place :wacko:

anyway without the rambling the question is:

duff alternator on my stdt (that seems to be the consensus - thanks for the info from your forums)

managed to get one out of a GRD I also have - I'm no mechanic so even that took me a while.... :blink:

looked at the stdt - not much room in there - is the engine bay smaller ?

how on earth do you get the alternator out ?

any pointers swould be gratefully received !

thanks in advance

pug_ham

I swapped the alternator on my old STDT when I had it but can't remember exactly how I got it out. :)

I do remember it being awkward though.

Engine bay is the same size as every other 205 but the STDT has a thicker radiator which cuts into the space at the front of the engine bay (17mm thicker iirc).

I've got a feeling I removed the lower rear engine mount to allow the engine a little extra fore & aft movement which gave enough space to get it out.

Graham.

Guest andy_stdt
I swapped the alternator on my old STDT when I had it but can't remember exactly how I got it out. :lol:

I do remember it being awkward though.

Engine bay is the same size as every other 205 but the STDT has a thicker radiator which cuts into the space at the front of the engine bay (17mm thicker iirc).

I've got a feeling I removed the lower rear engine mount to allow the engine a little extra fore & aft movement which gave enough space to get it out.

Graham.

ok - thanks for the response - I can see it'll be pretty awkward though !

Sign in to follow this