• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

Gaining Interest In The Rallye

allye

Hi all

Gaining interest in the Rallye as I'm on a fairly low wage and can't keep it. I will re-MOT in may and sell it then with 12 months MOT, If you havn't seen the thread heres a quick run down of the car.

-genuine 1992 UK Rallye 105,000 miles

-40,000 mile engine put in 5,000 miles ago with new cam belt+tensioner, carb rebuilt, new water pump, new plugs and leads and dizzy cap, new rocker cover, gearbox seals.

-last couple of months new centre section, head gasket done, new exhaust gaskets, oil catch tank, strut brace, spax shocks all round, 1.9GTI brakes with serviced calipers, new pads and OMP discs, braided lines all round, just been serviced, new steering rack and tappets adjusted.

-GTI red carpet with 100% mint 1.6GTI cloth interior, temp gauge, sony aux in head unit and new mats.

-5 new 106 Rallye S2 steel wheels, 14x6j with 4 new tyres and one almost new tyres (spare wheel has slight dent)

-brand new professionally sprayed euro Rallye arches

-history from first service with receipts for thousands also included is carb rebuild kit with some spare gaskets.

Bad points

-knocking n/s drive shaft slight rust on B pillar on drivers side (applied some rust converter for now).

I was hoping for £1200, what do you guys think?

Cheers, Ali

aCe

I thinks break it and sell me the shell

:)

Joshy

Why can you not keep it!? Low wage or not, it should cost TOO much to run surely?

allye
Why can you not keep it!? Low wage or not, it should cost TOO much to run surely?

I would love to, i enjoy it so much but a 406 diesel or something would make more sense, insurance would be lower as would running costs, also would free up couple hundred £££! I wanted to put a GTI6 engine in it but that will have to happen another time!

Jrod
I would love to, i enjoy it so much but a 406 diesel or something would make more sense, insurance would be lower as would running costs, also would free up couple hundred £££! I wanted to put a GTI6 engine in it but that will have to happen another time!

Really? My 405 costs more to insure than my rallye did.

welshpug

405's aren't cheap to insure, 406 is a little better, BUT they wont do any more MPG than a carefully driven 1360 rallye.

also tax costs a lot more, parts a lot more, and there's a lot to go wrong!

IMO learn to slow down and keep the Rallye, if it really is worth £1200 then its a good one worth keeping, also like most young people I know on low wages, they bloody drive everywhere and spend their weeks wage on fuel very quickly!