• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
P_Monty

Today's Top Tip

P_Monty

Always check the simple things first.

I put a post up a little while back about a non-running ph 1.5 1.9 205. I ripped out the imobilliser, replaced the ignition module, got a spare ECU, measured the coil resistances and went as far as stripping an cleaning the tachy relay. All to no avail, the old girl wasn't interested.

Today in desperation, I'd got a scope on the LT side of the coil looking for switching pulses when I nudged something and got a brief burst of life out of the engine.

So, I cleaned the terminals with a wire brush and squirted everything with contact cleaner and lo and behold she runs fine now (touches wood quickly).

Thanks to all those who helped me fault finding.

Paul

badj

definately agree with that one :)

I've dismantled who dashboards before to find relays for electric windows when in fact I only needed to turn the isolation switch (child button) off. :P

Many other things besides... Glad you've sorted it anyway!

twoker1986

supprising u should say that bout a 205 gti couple months back and she was a non runner so got it for pitance got it home and to my suprise the earth strap had corroded of the gear box put new one on then the old girl fired up after she had been sat for two years didnt have the heart to tell the chap i bought it off fool him lol :lol: