• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lfallgti

How Many 1fm's Are Left?

lfallgti

Hi guys, as title really, and who owns them? anyone on here?

2-Pugs

There are a couple of people on here that own them. I've current.ly got 2, well one of those I jointly own with another 1FM owner, we are in the process of restoring it.

There are 18 left in the UK, and the whereabout/owner etc is known for 16 of those. There's one more that has been exported, and tracking it down is proving very difficult!

The remaining 6 have gone unfortunately, most of them many years ago.

pugpete1108

i've seen these posts before and appologies for my stupidity but what is a 1fm??

'cringes for a very simple answer' ;)

quagmire
i've seen these posts before and appologies for my stupidity but what is a 1fm??

'cringes for a very simple answer' ;)

The 1FM was produced for the UK in 1992 to coincide with the 25th birthday of BBC Radio 1. Only 25 were made and each car was individually numbered with a small brass plate.[1] Every one was black and had grey alloy wheels with a silver rim (similar to those fitted to the 309GTI 'Goodwood'). The car had every extra fitted as standard including ABS, air conditioning, catalytic converter, full black leather interior, sunroof, power steering and remote central locking. A special stereo system including a CD changer and an acoustic rear shelf was specified by Clarion especially for this car. The car had unique 'Radio 1FM 25th' bodywork decals, and Radio 1 ran a competition on air to win one.

ORB

That reminds me Mr 2-Pugs

I have all of those HPI reports, Chassis Numbers and History info on all the cars in my filing cabinet. PM me.

pp205

So what numbers are the ones that are still around? Is number 1 still going? Do you know whether the 6 that have gone were crashed or broken up?

I remember one driving past me when I worked in Wimborne, Dorset a number of years ago and it looked/sounded like it was on it's last legs!

richsmells
So what numbers are the ones that are still around? Is number 1 still going? Do you know whether the 6 that have gone were crashed or broken up?

I remember one driving past me when I worked in Wimborne, Dorset a number of years ago and it looked/sounded like it was on it's last legs!

I work there! Never seen it though. There are quite a few 205 Gtis in the area though.

2-Pugs

Well tbh I won't list them out but suffice to say most numbers between 1 and 25 are there :huh:

Number 1? Yeah, that's still around, see my sig! ^_^

The six that dont exist anymore suffered a typical spread of fates, 3 crashed, one squashed by a reversing truck while parked up, one broken up for spares by someone who didn't realise what it was, and one that caught fire. Most of those casualties occured a long time ago, over ten years ago, and there have been none crashed or scrapped in the last five years or so that I know of.

Never seen it though.

There's one that used to be owned by someone who lived in Bournemouth, so perhaps it's the same car. It was sold on though, so hasn't been around those parts for about six years.

quagmire

Do you have any pictures of yours 2pugs? Cant seem to find any decent pictures on google.

2-Pugs

Theres a few of my car in the link in my sig :huh:

The website in my sig is meant to be going live any day now, and when it does, there will be plenty of snaps on there ^_^

But for now, here's a couple...

post-86-1268604822_thumb.jpg

post-86-1268604837_thumb.jpg

post-86-1268604848_thumb.jpg

post-86-1268604859_thumb.jpg

post-86-1268604877.jpg

quagmire

Looks good mate. I cant make my mind up wether to go goodwood style rims on my black 205...hmm.

I bet finding parts for it can be a real bitch if anything goes wrong with the stereo system or aircon etc.

pp205

Nice photos! What does the 5th button do in the centre console? I'm assuming the 4th is for air con?

It would have been about 7 years ago when I was working in Wimborne (I was the manager of the woolworths there Richsmells!) so may well have been the one from Bournemouth!

So there are still 2 that are unaccounted for? Could belong to someone who just thinks it's a normal gti!

badj

could be long gone, pre SORN/computerised V5 scrapper/write off.

Bottrill

I have only ever seen one in the flesh and that was on a stand at the classic motor show (NEC) 2 years ago I think it was was.

2-Pugs
Looks good mate. I cant make my mind up wether to go goodwood style rims on my black 205...hmm.

I bet finding parts for it can be a real bitch if anything goes wrong with the stereo system or aircon etc.

If you decide to go for Goodwood wheels there is a guy on here that I can recommend, called Tony_205 I think his name is, that refurb's them to a very high standard, and at a very reasonable price too.

As for bits, yeah you can say that again. The original stereo system was essentially bespoke, and finding some of the components to refit a missing system these days is a challenge, to say the least :lol:

Nice photos! What does the 5th button do in the centre console? I'm assuming the 4th is for air con?

It would have been about 7 years ago when I was working in Wimborne (I was the manager of the woolworths there Richsmells!) so may well have been the one from Bournemouth!

So there are still 2 that are unaccounted for? Could belong to someone who just thinks it's a normal gti!

Yes the 4th button is for the air con, the fifth is just a blank though. Sounds like the car in Bournemouth way is probably the same one. It's still alive and in good hands these days so better than when you saw it I would expect! As for the last two, yes you could well be right about that, certainly quite a few have turned up in the past where the owner didn't have a clue what it was! Or as badj says there could be a bug in the DVLA computer and they are not really on SORN at all but have been scrapped.

I have only ever seen one in the flesh and that was on a stand at the classic motor show (NEC) 2 years ago I think it was was.

Yeah, that was my car!

twoker1986

i tell you what guy's think going to restore my 205 1.9 gti in to one of those aweseome mint want 1 but the chances of getting one are like winning the lottory lol unless any1 nows of one for sale any condition

Richie

I seem to recall a couple of 1fm's at FCS 09, was one of those yours by any chance 2pugs?

2-Pugs
i tell you what guy's think going to restore my 205 1.9 gti in to one of those aweseome mint want 1 but the chances of getting one are like winning the lottory lol unless any1 nows of one for sale any condition

Well PM me if you are serious I might be able to help you find one.

I seem to recall a couple of 1fm's at FCS 09, was one of those yours by any chance 2pugs?

Yeah, mine and No.7 were parked between the T16 and the blue Dimma, No.19 was on the PSOOC stand :rolleyes:

First time I had been to that show in about 7 years, but not really my cup of tea tbh, will probably give it a miss this year.

quagmire

How much do 1fm's usually sell for?

badj

I've seen them near £5k tbh, thats not to say they 'sell' at that price though...

Richie
Well PM me if you are serious I might be able to help you find one.

Yeah, mine and No.7 were parked between the T16 and the blue Dimma, No.19 was on the PSOOC stand :(

First time I had been to that show in about 7 years, but not really my cup of tea tbh, will probably give it a miss this year.

Yeah same here really mate, was nice to see a few nice 205's as there wasn't many 205's around in comparison to 106s/306s etc

Henry Yorke

banner1.jpg

7 at Pugfest last year www.pugfest.co.uk :lol: (only 6 in that pic but 7 in 2-Pugs earlier)

Edited by Henry Yorke