• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tyerz

How To Unlock 406 Turbo Ecu

tyerz

hi guys i have a 406 sri engine and loom etc but it hasnt been in any other car so assuming it hasnt been unlocked, is there anyway i can unlock it now? or am i gonna have to pay someone to do it? and if so can anyone reccomend where to get it done?

zebedy101

I believe wracing on here can unlock ecu's give him a pm and see what he sais. If not I'm sure there are plenty more people that can help you out.

tyerz

thanks mate will pm him now

welshpug

I'd see if it'll run first, might have been lucky that the battery was taken off with the ignition on.

I got lucky with my gti6 ecu, bought an engine from an accident damaged car, turned up to find the guy had already started stripping it down so couldn't make sure it was done, thankfully it had been :)

jonnyturbo

isnt there a way of unlocking them by putting a permanent live to a certain pin?

tyerz

sounds interesting........ i have 2 locked ECU's and need to do summut with em, may jus face facts that i gotta pay for someone to do them

sonofsam
may jus face facts that i gotta pay for someone to do them

It is the safest and easiest way of doing it to be honest ;)

http://www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk/

Henry Yorke

Can you not just pop them in a car that has the keypad, enter the code and then remove the battery? The code is in the keypad isn't it, not the ECU?

ade 4wd

The code is in the ECU. The only way to unlock an ECU if you dont have the keypad with code or imob chip from master key is to reprogram the ECU. If it is a Bosch ECU can you give me the number of the ECU. It will start with 0261. I might be able to help.

Ade,