• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dave_6785

Leak- Dont Know About Engines So No Clue....

jimistdt

Probably Mi bits, but I know he knows a few of the rally lads, drop him a line, or wait til the end of the month and see him at Harewood. :D

dave_6785

anybody know the approx weight of a 1.4xs engine and whether a 1.1 manifold will fit?? Cuz i know nothing about engine overhauls it would be nice to strip and rebuild an engine with mods and then try and get it fit and running, but if i rebuild it and it dont work i'll know what the inside of the tu engine looks like at least

@georgexs- cuz i need to sort the brakes on mi car i've not much free cash atm, but if ya after getting rid of the engine give us a bottom price you'll take and i'll see what i can do

GeorgeXS
anybody know the approx weight of a 1.4xs engine and whether a 1.1 manifold will fit?? Cuz i know nothing about engine overhauls it would be nice to strip and rebuild an engine with mods and then try and get it fit and running, but if i rebuild it and it dont work i'll know what the inside of the tu engine looks like at least

@georgexs- cuz i need to sort the brakes on mi car i've not much free cash atm, but if ya after getting rid of the engine give us a bottom price you'll take and i'll see what i can do

XS engine is a fairly easy lift for 2 people, i *think* a 1.1 manifold will fit as they are the same basic block, only the 1.0 is different.

Looking for £125, also remembered i only have a completely mullered dizzy cap for it so it would need a new one.

it is lighter than an XR engine from memory as the XR is iron block and the XS is alloy

dave_6785

cant afford that wi brakes and leak taking priority. This is the only pic i managed to take of the leak when the car was getting the brakes checked yesterday. Hope it gives a clearer picture to the problem as the leak is getting worse, after driving the car today i parked the car up leaving the engine running for 10 minutes and i ended up with a tennis ball sized patch on the floor. Not good.

post-15314-1268333303_thumb.jpg

post-15314-1268333742_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave_6785