• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Joshy

Young 205 Owners?

lfallgti

I had my first GTI at 17 as my first car, (25 now) a year later it was parked up and left after i fancied more power and bought a 306 gti-6, a year later i sold the '6 and put the 205 back on the road. another year later i sold the 205 and had an m3. another year later, (i see a pattern emerging) after seeing my old 205 by coincidence at a garage looking worse for wear, i went and bought it back again. and sold the m3. Alas, it finally went to the scrap heap in the sky after HG failure, leaking rad, seized beam and rust etc... but not before buying a sorrento 1.6.

I now own a steel grey 1.9 and a sorrento non-running 1.9 mi16.

E906 LLE. R.I.P

Paul_13

Owned my first 1.6 gti at 16, had a break for a year after I crashed it then bought another when I was 18. Scrapped that it was cheery orange and then another (current one) and still have it :D

collis

owned 306 gti 6 at 18 some bird went into the back off it and wrote it off R.I.P just before my 20th and bought the 205 as my daily/toy. Ive always wanted one and everyone all of my friends like it. It doesn't matter what age you are its how you appreciate them that counts

SorrentoED

My first car at 17 :D 5 door 1.8 :D diesel :P

4498_1151145172362_1039617046_30466.jpg

Then i got my gti 3 days before my 18th when i crashed this one. :D

djc

I'm sure I wouldn't get the same little grin on my face everytime I take a cheeky glance back at my car after a good drive if I owned a 1.4 Fiesta :)

That my friend, the cheeky look back after parking up is my judgement of a great car. My old Laser Gti, my E30 M3 & the missus Twingo sportcup are about the only cars to ever have achieved this.

muddatrucker

I'm 24, my older brothers mate had a black GTI - it caught fire in the street after it was parked up and burnt to death, but I've always loved it.

M_R_205

im 23 and iv owned 205`s since i was 17 and learning to drive,

out of all the young people i talk to, i would say its a pretty even split between the, "trade it in and buy a new car" and the "oh wow can i have a go" comments, i tend to find its the more trendy stuck up tosser who will tell me that i should trade it in on scrapage, they are very shocked when i tell them i CHOOSE to drive it over my A3,

I also tend to find that people, more like me, that like older music (led zeplin jimmi hendrix etc) and are more relaxed on there outlook towards fashion and hair gel, who tend to appreciate the car slightly more, and, tend to understand that just because its old its not crap

Paul.

Edited by M_R_205

Jemehan

im 20, owned 3 205's a GR, CTi and a GTI... GTI been off the road for a while (back this month) cant wait, been driving a 97 accord, hate it. i want the soul back in driving. Love the comments you get, the people flashing you as you drive. my mates dont understand my love in public, all proffering bigger cars (couple of capris mk2 golfs etc) bit the pug is an icon a gorgeous machine with a soul. I havent driven a car the can beat it for expireince! I was going to sell it when i was low on cash but i couldnt bare to do it, so tomorrow i am completing my engine re-bulild, now just MOT and tax....if i can afford it!

I LOVE my 205, it makes me smile, so damn happy. Invincible in my little death box! i mean, who needs safety features anyway! i want to hear the car falling apart, its a pug its going to anyway, may aswell enjoy it!

zebedy101

A friend of mine was ripping into my car until he had and go, a couple of months later he bought a 206 gti. Now it's no 205 but atleast it's a Pug. :rolleyes:

The Arch Bishop

I went for a spin to a nearby pub the other night and parked up in the carpark. About 10 mins later, a young lad of about 18 that works in the kitchens comes in all excited. "There's a 205 in the car park!!" The barmaid replies "I always wanted one of those."

The lad went on and on about it. I seriously doubt he'd have been more impressed if I'd have ridden in on a Unicorn with neons under it.

I've never had the negative comments to be honest. The 205 was legendary when I was a lad and it appears it still is.

oli-pug

I passed my test 3 months after my 17th birthday, drove my mums 1.2 clio around for a bit until I inevitably parked it in a hedge and wrote it off.

I had a little bit of money burning a hole in my pocket so got on ebay for a cheap, nippy car which a 18 year old could insure. I then decided it would be a good idea to buy a more powerful, more lift-off oversteery french hatch :rolleyes: My 91 1.6 gti in cherry pink

DSC01024-vi216.jpg

I'm now 21 and still drive the same car daily. It's had a lot of money ploughed into it since the though!