• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
phat205

T16 Engine, Rebuild / Service Parts Availability

phat205

evening folks

I've managed to locate a complete 405 T16 in france near the parents house. the owner hasn't touched it for years. its a real mess. he has tryed to start it but to no avail. not just fuel and spark, by the sound of it, the cam belt has gone. the gear box is shot but i wouldn't need that to put in a 205, would I?

so, as the title say, how readily available are engine components. any comments feedback would very greatfully received as i don't want to be throwing money down the drain.

the majority of the car will stay in a garage in france, just the engine will be coming back.

cheers

Matt

Daviewonder

Will you be selling me the wheels Matt? :)

Dave.

quagmire

Depends how much he wants for the engine I suppose. I thought the T16 engine was essentially an S16 engine with a turbo.

Baz
Depends how much he wants for the engine I suppose. I thought the T16 engine was essentially an S16 engine with a turbo.

Nope.

dcc

nothing really between the t16 and s16 was similar, other than looks. Different crank, rods and pistons to begin with :(

Para
Will you be selling me the wheels Matt? :(

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I have a set of T16 wheels for sale at 350 pounds + delivery costs from Poland (around 35pounds)

Sorry for OT

phat205

I didn't think they would be the same as S16's. I will do some digging then.

He wants €4000 for the complete car