• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gregg

1.1 5 Speed Conversion

Gregg

My g/f has a 205 Junior (carb) with 4 speed box. I have a spare 106 Rallye (S2 1.6) gearbox. She would love a 5 speed gearbox on her 205, which needs a new n/s driveshaft anyway.

Logic says fit the Rallye box to the 205. I am aware of the difference in the diff pin thickness, is it just a case of leaving the n/s shaft seal 2-3mm proud of the g/box casing to get it to seal? Any problems fitting the o/s shaft (with centre bearing)? Also linkages, what (if anything) needs to be done with these? All this assumes no problems matching gearbox to engine :)

sub205
My g/f has a 205 Junior (carb) with 4 speed box. I have a spare 106 Rallye (S2 1.6) gearbox. She would love a 5 speed gearbox on her 205, which needs a new n/s driveshaft anyway.

Logic says fit the Rallye box to the 205. I am aware of the difference in the diff pin thickness, is it just a case of leaving the n/s shaft seal 2-3mm proud of the g/box casing to get it to seal? Any problems fitting the o/s shaft (with centre bearing)? Also linkages, what (if anything) needs to be done with these? All this assumes no problems matching gearbox to engine :)

mounting the gearbox should be no problem at all.

you need to convert the linkage, either change it in the gearbox or use the whole 106 system.

no idea about the driveshafts...

maybe its easier to get a 5speed-205/309 gearbox from the scrapyard.

Sobaru'

you should go for a gearbox from a model with injection because those have 5 speed gerboxe's

It can be from a 1.1 or a 1.4 TU and you can keep the original linkage and driveshaft's.

Edited by Sobaru'