• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mattmalden

Hub Replacement - Shops

mattmalden

Hi,

Thought I'd post the question here as its more about shopping than anything else. I hope it's ok?

Anyway - my front hubs need replacing becasue the control arm ball joint clamp bit has worn and is no longer round, it keeps working loose.

Simple question really - Are pattern parts any good? GSF are 2 minutes walk from me - does anyone know if they sell them and if so are they any good?

Where's the best place to buy these for cost and quality?

Thanks,

Matt.

MerlinGTI

The bit you want sounds like a 'hub carrier' or 'knuckle'. A 'hub' is the spinny circular bit that sits behind the disk and has the thread for the wheel bolts in it.

Not being a smart arse, I just dont want you to get the wrong part ordered in. :P

Have a look on GSF's site. If not there was a guy selling OE ones on ebay a while back pretty cheap.

mattmalden
The bit you want sounds like a 'hub carrier' or 'knuckle'. A 'hub' is the spinny circular bit that sits behind the disk and has the thread for the wheel bolts in it.

Not being a smart arse, I just dont want you to get the wrong part ordered in. :)

Have a look on GSF's site. If not there was a guy selling OE ones on ebay a while back pretty cheap.

Thanks Merlin, yes its the carrier I need-could have got entirely the worng part! D'oh.

I guess by the lack of response that patern ones haven't had any ill effect!?

welshpug

you can only get them used or new I'm afraid.

24seven
you can only get them used or new I'm afraid.

Much like everything else.:(

welshpug

DOH!!! what I meant was from Peugeot or used :)

mattmalden
DOH!!! what I meant was from Peugeot or used :lol:

Glad you cleared that up Welsh! Wasn't going to mention, but :(

boombang

Got a pair here, but would really need collecting due to weight. Waiting for the advert for lots of my bits to go live as I type. Maybe enough bits to make it worth you taking a trip over.