• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
alphacharlie

Rear Wash On A 93 Car?

alphacharlie

Since getting my motor the rear wash has never worked, mainly due to no piping running to the nozzle on the boot I'm sure.

The front wash bottle only has a single pump on it and there is a plug in the boot that is live when the rear wash is operated on the stalk

Cant see any ways of getting a tank fitted inside the boot as there just ain't a big enough hole.

Is there any way to get a working rear wash or should I give it up as a bad idea? In this weather I could do with a working wash aswell as wipe.

Cheers

AC

Tom Fenton

The rear washer tank sits inside the boot on the right hand side, it is a slim black tank with a motor at the bottom of it. Then the pipe runs to the inside of the tailgate.

I'm sure someone on here will have a spare, in fact I may even have one, I will look over the weekend.

alphacharlie
The rear washer tank sits inside the boot on the right hand side, it is a slim black tank with a motor at the bottom of it. Then the pipe runs to the inside of the tailgate.

I'm sure someone on here will have a spare, in fact I may even have one, I will look over the weekend.

Cheers matey, so a late model car still has the boot tank then.

I have a tank and pump here but its about 10 times the size of the biggest hole I can find inside the boot.

If I could get a tank in then I guess run some hose up the rear pillar and into the tail get near the hinge point and down to the nozzle.

AC <_<

Tom Fenton

As far as I know, yes. It doesn't sit in a hole- just kind of inside the boot on the right.

Daviewonder
As far as I know, yes. It doesn't sit in a hole- just kind of inside the boot on the right.

Like this:

SAM_0457.jpg

alphacharlie
Like this:

SAM_0457.jpg

Cheers matey, I was pretty sure I read somewhere that phase 2 car didn't have the boot tank but I must of dreamt it.

Now to find some hose and get it routed through the car.

AC

Simes
Cheers matey, I was pretty sure I read somewhere that phase 2 car didn't have the boot tank but I must of dreamt it.

The very early 205`s had the rear wash tank in the front. :)

alphacharlie
The very early 205`s had the rear wash tank in the front. :D

LOL at me, guess it wasnt a dream but ar*e about face

AC :D

alphacharlie

Got round to fitting the tank and the tubing today so I now have a fully functioning rear wash.

Twas fun getting the tube routed through the hatch and the car but managed eventually.

Cheers

AC