• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AlexB

Xs Tuning

AlexB

right guys

i have a 1989 1.4 205 xs rocking a carb

and a 1993 1.4 106 xsi motor in parts

are the internals the same in the 2 motors?

plan is all new shells ect in the xsi motor then clean/service my carb and drop it all in the car so no real time of the car not running

thing confusing me is the xs iirc is 80hp the xsi is 100hp

would i end up with a 100 hp xs??

im thinking the cams are different (xsi and 106 rallye run the big bearing cam iirc so its if the xs does) and i know the xsi has a raised compression ratio through crowned pistons (as its all apart)

if it does will my solex run the camshaft or is a set of twin 40s needed to get the best?

if im gunna end up going 40s i have a s1 106 rallye camshaft i might aswell fit like

swordfish210
right guys

i have a 1989 1.4 205 xs rocking a carb

and a 1993 1.4 106 xsi motor in parts

are the internals the same in the 2 motors?

No they're not, the XSI has domed pistons which add a bit of compression. However the XSI head has larger combustion chambers so the comperssion on the two engine is about the same, add XSI pistons to XS head and you will have a higher comperssion ratio.

plan is all new shells ect in the xsi motor

Does it need them?

then clean/service my carb and drop it all in the car so no real time of the car not running

thing confusing me is the xs iirc is 80hp the xsi is 100hp

would i end up with a 100 hp xs??

Not if you're running the crappy carb! The XSI uses multi-point injection so delivers the fuel much more efficiently. Also the plenum on the XSI can deliver more air than the solex carb and it works better with the larger ports on the XSI head.

im thinking the cams are different (xsi and 106 rallye run the big bearing cam iirc so its if the xs does) and i know the xsi has a raised compression ratio through crowned pistons (as its all apart)

Yes the cams are different, although i dont know the duration offhand. See above for compresson ratio.

if it does will my solex run the camshaft or is a set of twin 40s needed to get the best?

if im gunna end up going 40s i have a s1 106 rallye camshaft i might aswell fit like

Just put the whole XSI engne in and some Twin 40's would be my advice. Theres no point pissing about with the solex carb, it's small and crap.

AlexB

well the xsi motor is in bits as in pistons and rods out head off and stripped and allsorts

so basically id be best doing what i say at the end then from what your saying?

rebuild the xsi bottom end

rebuild the xsi head and lob the rallye cam in

and get some twin 40s

swordfish210
well the xsi motor is in bits as in pistons and rods out head off and stripped and allsorts

so basically id be best doing what i say at the end then from what your saying?

rebuild the xsi bottom end

rebuild the xsi head and lob the rallye cam in

and get some twin 40s

Yeah pretty much.

AlexB

sound then lol

just wanted to clear a few bits up before i started to think about comitting money to the engine like

so if that will all work like and is the best way thats what ill do