• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Be Gearbox Help With Id Numbers

johnnyboy666

i'm looking for a little help with identifying a gearbox i have, it's a BE from a picasso.

i was hoping that it was a BE4R but need some assistance with part numbers.

-it has a 4 stamped in ink on it

-20DM75 is stamped into the casing

-9147526-B is stamped next to that

-20392-111 is stamped next to the gear selector

-9660208980 is stamped below that

if that means anything to anybody that would be lovely, but if theres somewhere else i should be looking to assist identification, then some help would be awesome.

visually it looks to me like a BE4R just with an extra bit on the gear selector

thanks in advance

john

welshpug

20DM75 is the important one, can't see it under anything listed for the picasso though.

what bellhousing does it have?

johnnyboy666

hmm, trying to think what it came off now..

possibly a berlingo?

basically i bought it ages ago in the hope that it would be a BE4r, so it mustve been advertised as either a picasso, c4, 307 or berlingo i'm guessing, as to what it actually is, i'm unsure :P

cheers for the help so far!

john

johnnyboy666

off the top of my head it may have been a 1.6 diesal

RossD

Yep, 20DM75 is from a Picasso\307 with the DV6ATED4 engine (ie 1.6 HDi 110bhp). It's actually a BE4L not a BE4R, but what the L or the R means is anyones guess!

20dm75.jpg

Edited by RossD

johnnyboy666

cheers ross that's helped loads. it's definately the one in that picture. now if anyone could tell me from that picture if its likely to fit a TU engine that would be awesome :D

cheers again

john

RossD

I wouldn't be able to tell for sure. Could you post a picture of the bellhousing up? I can then compare it to the TU BE4 bellhousing I have and we could all then have an educated guess! Bolt holes do look to be in similar positions with the starter at the back in that diagram above.....

On the left is an MA box, on the right is a TU BE4 box. (Clicky for fullsize)

th_STA72022.jpg

TU-BE box. (Clicky again)

th_S1050003.jpg

Chances are, even if it did fit, the ratios would be all wrong though.

Edited by RossD

welshpug

it looks right and I have heard that it fits but there's no Crank sensor hole, and the ratio's might not be that good.

I think the crank sensor actually bolts to the block of the TU engine so actually locating the sensor may not be an issue, just cutting a hole for it, gear ratios can be overcome with a different gear cluster and final drive.

RossD

Yep, can confirm the TDC sensor is bolted to the block on the TU engines but access the flywheel though a cutout. Like you say WP, nothing an angle grinder can't sort out :D

Anyway, if you have a carb'd engine with a distributor you won't need the TDC sensor anyway.

Edited by RossD

johnnyboy666

you beat me to it but heres the pic anyway :D

post-9599-1267109845_thumb.jpg

RossD

Apart from some lsight differences around the starter motor mountings it looks like it *may* bolt up to a TU engine. I wonder if you would need to use the DV6 flywheel to get the starter motor to fit properly.

There's only one way to find out.... :lol:

(And no it's not FIGHT)

johnnyboy666

well i figured i'll give it a go :), not that i have an engine or a car at the moment lol.... but i can still have plans!

my engine plans seem similar to yours RossD, i was going to use a S2 106 rallye engine, undecided on dellorto's or bike carbs. first things first i need to find a shell ready for a little project :)

John

Sign in to follow this