• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
craig_007

Mi16 Bike Carb Conversion

craig_007

Hi All,

My Mi16 currently has a bike carb conversion fitted by Bogg Bros,The carbs were set up by them and they run perfectly.

Now I'm toying with the idea of selling these and I could do with an idea of what they are worth.

Here's what will be forsale....

Bogg Bros Inlet Manifold

ZZR 1100(40mm) Carbs fully set up

Fuel pressure Reg,Again fully adjusted.

Pipercross(or similar) Sausage filter.

Baz

I'll give you £2.50 for it. To melt down and make something useful out of... :P

Or, have a look on ebay, there's some dreamer selling similar setups on there for £400-odd!

In other words, whatever someone will pay for them, Ebay's your friend!

shalmaneser

I'll give you a fiver if you pay postage.

DrSarty

Craig>

Please don't think that people are being arsey or unhelpful here.

The forum regularly gets people asking 'what's this worth?', 'what's the value of...' and it really gets a bit tiring, because something is worth quite literally what someone will pay for it.

You could list it on eBay, and there may be 10 people just at a position in their lives when they REALLY WANT something you are selling and therefore the bidding will go up and up, and you may be pleasantly surprised what you get for them. Some things sell for more than their new price; it's based on demand and scarcity.

On the other hand, those 10 people may want them but don't have the money, or nobody wants them at all, as standard inlets are all the rage or aftermarket ECUs rocket up in price.

This isn't meant to be a lecture or aimed at you specifically, but for you and any else to see that it's practically impossible to place a value on something, as you just don't know who's out there in the marketplace and what their needs are.

You ought to list them for sale EVERYWHERE YOU CAN, and be honest with yourself and price them somewhere between what they owe you and the minimum you would tolerate to see them out of your storage. If you're absolutely strapped for cash, then perhaps that bottom, acceptable price will be very low. On the other hand, if you don't need the cash or space, you can afford to wait as long as it takes to get a price YOU are comfortable with.

This is why we can't advise you or anyone else for that matter on the value of something. Just bare in mind that someone once paid over £25,000 on eBay for one of Jennifer Lopez's hairbrushes!!!

I once sold a brand new diesel cylinder head in Australia that my mate found in his apartment for about £60. I knew a cylinder head was perhaps 'worth' £200, as that is what I would pay for one. But as it owed me nothing, and I didn't want to be stuck with it, I let it go to someone who wanted to end the auction early. He came, paid, collected and told me he would've paid £400 for it!!! I lost out, but at the same time I didn't. If I'd have asked on a forum what it's worth, I would've got similar answers to those above, which was proven when he came to collect it.

Good luck with your sale. Create a good, picture-filled, descriptive and clear advert for your items and make it easy for potential traders to deal with you. List it in the right places where a fan base exists and be prepared to not only wait a while - perhaps having to relist - but to take less than what you wanted. That's why you should put a proper price in in the first place so the buyer 'feels' like they've negotiated and got a bargain.

But at the same time be prepared to be pleasantly surprised at some huge interest. That's why the safest bet is to list highish and expect quite a bit lower.

Edited by DrSarty

pugit666

If it's any help, I have seen similar go for around the £200 mark but it really is down to how many people want it and how much they want it.I'm guessing your Bogg Bros manifold was around £195 so you are going to loose a fair bit of cash on this

hcmini1989

get it on the bay mate.as baz said there have been a few bike carb and bike itb setups on ebay lately and there fetching stupid money and i doubt very much if any of them would work due to the length of the silicone hose there using .

ive even thought of knocking a few together myself to make a few quid as there not expensive setups to make using a standard cut down manifold

swordfish210

Bike carbs arn't the bargain basment conversion they were a few years ago. For instance i paid £30 for my carbs a couple of years ago but no i'd struggle to pick up a set for less than £100. Get them on ebay and you should see a decent return.

craig_007

Thanks for the input guys.

No offence tooken Dr Sarty,I realise this "how much is this worth" threads will come up every now and again.

I bought the car with the bike carb set up already fitted so it's not really due me to much.

pugpete1108

mine went for £190 a while back and that was 'bodged' and on a cut down manifold not a bogg one.

thank heavens for the bay.

Cameron

Yeah just whack them up on eBay. But don't be a dreamer and start the bidding at £200 or anything like that; start the bidding at £0.99 and no reserve, then plug the s*it out of it on forums. You'll get way more interest and you'll probably end up selling them for more than if you'd started the bidding higher.