• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
woodsy

Engineer Report For Insurance

woodsy

I renewed my trader policy other month for my garage but when i said my 205 was modified they now decide they want me to get an engineers report

done.They wont let me do it even though iam a mechanic and i did all the work years ago.Iam goin to get my mate an mot tester to do it but wondering what

really needs to be in the report, is it just case of saying the brakes, suspension etc has been uprated to cope and motor is fitted correctly.

pug_ham
what really needs to be in the report, is it just case of saying the brakes, suspension etc has been uprated to cope and motor is fitted correctly.

Yes, at least from what I understand its to say that all the work has been carried out to a suitabley high standard & parts uprated to cope with the extra performance fitted as / where required so the car is as safe for use on public roads as any other car.

I assume that unless you do your own MOT its basically an independant tester giving his own validation on the work carried out but you'd be best to ask the insurance exactly what they want to see just in case they want something similar to an SVA due to the mods carried out.

Graham.

woodsy

Ok thanks for that.

mr_exe

Try Tradex nex time they did'nt ask for one when I told them I had a Mi16 205. When I enquired about getting one when I thought I needed one I asked an insurance assessor who as well as doing the report could provide a valuation report as well. Must get it done this year.

16v205

I had to get a engineers report for greenlight insurance about 10 years ago with my first mi, a mate wrote it on his garages headed paper stating the work done to the car was to standard and nothing he inspected in his profesional opinion was cause for concern - or something similar to that anyway. It was embossed stamped and sent off with a photocopy of the current mot done after the conversion date. It was accepted no problem.

Rich