• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

A Few Shots Out And About

chris-stdt

Looks nice mate but wheres the snow ? weve got quite abit now

Para

Sorry for OT but does Laser Green have the same paint code as Griffe ?

Daviewonder
Sorry for OT but does Laser Green have the same paint code as Griffe ?

Yes :)

oz.

I like the way you've left the door open, as if you're scared it'll turn all Reanult on you and lock the keys inside

davey205

thats a habit because its done it so many times now ive disabled that "feature" on the alarm but i still worry it will flip out on me one day

davey205

Noticed it was leaking from the centre seam on the expansion tank is it supposed to? French thing?

sorry about the size before. Can anyone find me a link to the TPS setup i cant seem to see what im looking for.

Also mods please delete my original huge pics ill repost them with smaller resolution.

Thanks

Edited by davey205

phase 2 expansion tanks are wank arent they! cant see the level, senders always go potty, leak at the seam etc etc

davey205

Tell me about it, i shine a torch in there i have no clue what the correct level should be even i just assume that as long as i can see water / coolant swishing about in there everythings hunky dory ?!

Are phase 1 expansion tanks more durable? Do they work with a phase 2 ?

Edited by davey205

MerlinGTI

that looks expensive.

Daviewonder
mmmm creamy

Loads of short journeys?

MerlinGTI

Looks a bit excessive for that imo. I would be looking at a head gasket change myself.

EDIT: Infact I wonder if the expansion tank problem is related, exhaust gases pressurising the coolant system, coupled with a knackered expansion tank cap = split seam on tank. Or maybe im tired and talking rubbish :(

Edited by MerlinGTI

shalmaneser
Looks a bit excessive for that imo. I would be looking at a head gasket change myself.

EDIT: Infact I wonder if the expansion tank problem is related, exhaust gases pressurising the coolant system, coupled with a knackered expansion tank cap = split seam on tank. Or maybe im tired and talking rubbish :D

That would be my thinking....

davey205

I do a 45 minute round trip 4 times a week so i wouldn't say i use it just for short journeys.

Poo headgasket change it is then, anything else worth getting done while he's got the head off?

Stem Seals etc? Also will i need to get the cambelt done with the headgasket change i only got it changed 10,000 miles ago bah

I got respectable results in the compression test i did and there is no sign of mayo in the dipstick or the coolant. Anyway 1st port of call replace expansion tank, are phase 1 tanks interchangable with the phase 2?

1 last question the silver brillo pad type thing in the top should i do away with that as well as it seems to collect mayo really badly.

Edited by davey205

chrisj21

Phase 2 tanks arn't interchangable with phase 1, or rarther the sensor isn't, i believe swapping the sensors over is a no go really due to the wiring although it may beeasier to swap from p2 to p1.

You could get a new tank from peugeot, they only come in the clear version now, so you can see the coolant level.

Definatly change the belt at least, and then theres waterpump and tensioners to consider.

My oil filler pipe always had mayo in, i done away with metal gauze type thing in the filler cap but it made no difference.

Richie

My old miami always had alot of mayo but was fine. New red one seems to be much less creamy.

davey205

Took it to my pugman, he said dont worry about it just replace the expansion tank and keep an eye on water levels and for bits of mayo on the dipstick etc.

Would try taking the metal gause out but i assume its there for a reason.

Edited by davey205

jimistdt

You're bound to get some gunky deposits on the breather pipes, as the water droplets condense, they collect on the breather walls. As Pugman say's when it becomes evident on the end of the dipstick, that's when you get worried.

Yours does look excessive, I'd be trying to clear all the crap off though. :lol:

j_turnell

I'd remove the metal gauze as it rusts, being made from mild steel i believe, and bits fall down the oil filler pipe, which can get into your oil! Wouldnt worry about the mayo, mine is like that at the moment, its just the weather, just keep an eye on dipstick as mentioned for any mayo, thats when you have a problem.

davey205

i've put the original induction setup back to normal (k and n filter until i can get hold of original airbox etc) and cleaned everything with a toothbrush and earbuds. I don't know for sure but i dont think it was helping having the filter behind the headlight, gonna go back to standard induction anyway.

Does it matter which breather pipe connects to the yellow and which to the blue i think they are connected correctly going by the bend in the cable.

Ive got an airbox but one of the brackets is missing and the others are all bent where do the brackets bolt onto?

Edited by davey205

lemmingzappa
Does it matter which breather pipe connects to the yellow and which to the blue i think they are connected correctly going by the bend in the cable.

I don't know if it matters but i've got the breather cap pipe going to the one on the top.

pug_ham

The spigots on the pipe should have different sizes holes in the end but iirc from the K&N ones I've seen they don't have this unlike the standard pipe.

If it has the correct spegots then the one that is totally open is for the SAD & usually goes nearer the radiator with the oil cap breather hose going to the back of the induction pipe on the rastricted spigot.

TBH I don't think you can connect them the wrong way round if you have the pipe sat so the spigots are near horizontal.

Graham.