• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bigtimmy

13 Inch Wheels On A Gti?

Bigtimmy

Hi Guys,

Some of you will have read about my track day project, which was used in anger at the weekend for the first time and it was amazingly good fun and I'm going back on the 14th March.

I was running some 185 60 14 R888's on the day and although not new the front passenger tyre has worn quite nicely and will need another after my next day I would have thought.

My mate runs a metro for track days and he runs 13's and slicks which are available on fleabay from time to time for about £15 a pair.

My question is can I run a suitable set of 13's with a standard 1.9 brake set up. If I can I will be looking at £30 for a set of tyres every couple of track days rather than the £350 or so from Camskill.

Any answers welcome.

Cheers

Tim

MerlinGTI

I very much doubt it over 1.9 brakes mate, sometimes 14" 1.6GTI wheels dont go over them! (the SMR versions I belive)

You *might* get away with 13's if you ran 1.6 bendix calipers and 1.9 disks, as theres a bit more clearance on the 1.6 calipers (and they are lighter being all alloy), but it would be tight.

Best bet see if anyone has done the whole 1.6 calipers/1.9 disk/13" wheel thing before proceeding though :wub: A lot will depend on the 13" wheel choice itself as well I would have thought.

Baz

This has been asked sooo many times Tim, did you try a search as there's a wealth of answers to be found?

TU_Later

Im running Image 13s on my 1.9 GTi Brake setup?.. They're splits.. But the inner peice IDia has no problems over the calipurs.. :)

MerlinGTI
Im running Image 13s on my 1.9 GTi Brake setup?.. They're splits.. But the inner peice IDia has no problems over the calipurs.. :(

There we go, sorted ;)

Bigtimmy
Im running Image 13s on my 1.9 GTi Brake setup?.. They're splits.. But the inner peice IDia has no problems over the calipurs.. ;)

Have you got any photos you could post up and what style are they?

Had a look at the Image site, they do so many styles!!

Cheers

Tim

Bigtimmy
This has been asked sooo many times Tim, did you try a search as there's a wealth of answers to be found?

I did and thats why I felt like a tw*t for asking....however I have now learnt how to use the advanced search facility and wow that throws up some really useful stuff rather than the rather gay filter that is on the forum search facility. ;)

Sorry Baz, I'll try harder in future!! :)

calvinhorse

None of those links say if 13" uk 205 Rallye wheels fit over 1.9 calipers... :P

:D