• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Headling

Where Is The Cheapest Place To Get A Roll Cage?

Headling

Hi Guys, Sorry if this has been asked before, I have done a search but 27 pages come up!

I have seen some OMP ones on ebay but wondered if we get any good deals from any of the suppliers??

Btw, It is for a track day car so I don't need anything too flash!

If you have any links that would be great!

welshpug
Hi Guys, Sorry if this has been asked before, I have done a search but 27 pages come up!

and that is a problem how? :ph34r: you're just adding to those 27 pages now :lol:

AB motorsport are the sole listed Safety devices supplier for Peugeot cages, though Baz seems to be able to supply them IIRC.

YB Racing are the sole OMP supplier, they offer discounts to 106 Rallye Register and PSOOC members I believe, no harm in asking them if they'll do a 205gtidrivers one.

I think it is YB Racing that sell the OMP's on ebay.

I wouldn't say it doesn't need to be anything flash just because its a "track car" my view is get the best you can afford, it is your life after all.

The fit and quality of the SD cages is higher than most this side of a Custom professionally tailor made cage.

Edited by welshpug

Headling

Thanks alot! That was just the answer I was looking for, I'll give them a ring on Monday

Kev-G
YB Racing are the sole OMP supplier

IIRC there are a couple of main Distributors for OMP in the UK.

Back in 2000 or so I originally dealt with OMP in Italy directly - They then changed the supply for the 'small' guys to GPR Direct. This worked out better as GPR could deliver cages much cheaper than I could get direct quotes for (cages are a nightmare to deliver anywhere for most people as they get priced on a volumetric basis due to the relatively low weight v's size).

YB Racing however, didn't like the competition and complained to OMP regarding the pricing!! :lol:

When GPR gave up the OMP rights (as they also did Sparco), I was moved to another Distributor but the discounts changed slightly and YB started selling much chaper through ebay.

Pains me to say that I don't think you will get them elsewhere cheaper.... :)

welshpug

ahh ok apologies for that, thought it might have been something along those lines, meaning effectively they are the sole distributor :ph34r::lol: nothing like healthy competition eh!

dodsworth_gti

find a mate on rallye register,thats what i did,my 10 point omp cage was 305 quid :)

Kev-G
find a mate on rallye register,thats what i did,my 10 point omp cage was 305 quid :)

That must have been a while ago? List is £399 + Del. + VAT....Over £500 now!!

I've got a line on some again - PM me for prices.

Kev-G

^^^^

That's a VERY good price

jackherer

The photo is a bit misleading...

BusEngineer

^^^^

Thats what i thought, id be interested in knowing what make cage it is, or if its a PLR made cage

welshpug
^^^^

Thats what i thought, id be interested in knowing what make cage it is, or if its a PLR made cage

OMP PEUGEOT 205 10 POINT BOLT IN ROLL CAGE FRONT AND REAR CAGE COMPLETE WITH FIXED DIAGNOL AND DOOR BARS.

^_^

Edited by welshpug

BusEngineer

DOH!!!!! ^_^

Batfink

YB are not the sole importer. I buy direct from Italy, but YB get 'special prices' so its impossible to compete and make much money as they bottom out the market price to kill competition.