• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jon4547

Swapping Doors From One To Another

Guest Jon4547

hi guys ive just picked up my 205 CJ cabriolet and it's in need of a bit of TLC.

the locks on both the drivers and the passenger doors are seized and just will not unlock, i ended up crawling through the boot to unlock the passenger dor from the inside (the drivers door just won't budge)

i had a closer look at the doors and saw that the seals around the windows are in terrible condition and maybe the locks have rusted up from rain falling into the door???

my question to you guys is, am i able to just swap the doors over from another car which would solve both the seals and the locking problem (obviously i would need the keys to the new doors)???? and would the doors have to come from a CJ as there is nothing above the window (as in there is no top pillar/strut to the door)

any help would be appreciated =], cheers, John

steve@cornwall
hi guys ive just picked up my 205 CJ cabriolet and it's in need of a bit of TLC.

the locks on both the drivers and the passenger doors are seized and just will not unlock, i ended up crawling through the boot to unlock the passenger dor from the inside (the drivers door just won't budge)

i had a closer look at the doors and saw that the seals around the windows are in terrible condition and maybe the locks have rusted up from rain falling into the door???

my question to you guys is, am i able to just swap the doors over from another car which would solve both the seals and the locking problem (obviously i would need the keys to the new doors)???? and would the doors have to come from a CJ as there is nothing above the window (as in there is no top pillar/strut to the door)

any help would be appreciated =], cheers, John

Most likely the handles are at least partially seized, there's plenty of imfo on this if you can master our search function (I'm not being funny, it really is a dark art) As for the seals, It's a damned sight easier to fit new ones than it is to find any :lol:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...;hl=door+handle

phat205

I had the same problem with mine and spent many weeks crawling through the tiny boot opening. from info i found on a search i managed to get both doors openin and locking freely, took about a can of lubricant but it did work eventually.

i do have a pair of doors minus locks off my white cti spare, although they need a bit of tlc, but they both work now.

Guest Jon4547

cheers for your help guys (Y) i've used like 4 cans of WD40 and they're still not budging :blush: just gonna have to keep on going ey or it looks like a call to the locksmith is in order lol