• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cheesegrater

Repair Inner Arches

cheesegrater

Do such things exist for the 205? I've got a 205 GTi and the inner arches are in a bad way so to save me patching it up can I get a repair arch?

Thanks,

Tom.

Paul_13

I think they still do them Nice deals

I thought they did but I was wrong...

My mate has a base model sitting in his garden, I could see what the inner wing is like?

Have you got a pic of how bad it is?

Edited by Paul_13

peakrevs
Do such things exist for the 205? I've got a 205 GTi and the inner arches are in a bad way so to save me patching it up can I get a repair arch?

Thanks,

Tom.

Tom, have you thought of making your own inner wings. This is not as difficult as it might appear if you have the inclination and can weld.

I've just bought the DVD described in this trailer:

David Gardiner is quite amazing and for me inspirational. He shows how even complicated panels can be made just with normal everyday tools without the need for special equipment. Anyway, this YouTube video is well worth watching.

John

cheesegrater

Its pretty bad, the guy who had it before majorly bodged it. Filler and pop rivets anyone? So I spent some of today removing it and trying to get it back to metal. I might make something up like John said maybe just a partial bit though.

pbpic4527729.jpg

SurGie

It dont look too bad, the holes are what makes it look worse and can easily be sorted with a section from a broken 205.

welshpug

you can still buy that repair section as far as I know, Garry had one put into his Silver supercharged gti6 205.

it is a little more extnsive a section than the part pictured though, IF its onyl as pictured you could make that up from sheet metal easily enough, depends on your skills and patience really ;)

cheesegrater
you can still buy that repair section as far as I know, Garry had one put into his Silver supercharged gti6 205.

it is a little more extnsive a section than the part pictured though, IF its onyl as pictured you could make that up from sheet metal easily enough, depends on your skills and patience really ;)

Ok cool, thats just one of the holes :D theres another next to the blanking plug seen in the top right that I am yet to finish removing the filler.

Any idea where I can get these panels? It's looking like I'm going to be breaking it off another 205 or making one up at the moment.

Tom Fenton

Personally I'd make that- fold a curve around something like a piece of rod as a former so you copy the radius of the fold as opposed to a sharp fold, and jobs a goodun.

DamirGTI

Easy job :wub: would enjoyed myself doing that ! :)

As said , entirely depending on your skills with metalworks , but id just buy an piece of sheet steel and made myself repair patch panel :) even if you haven't tried before give it a go , easy one , especially for this kinda straight shapes without odd bends edges etc.

Damir B)

marksorrento205

I bought that panel a while back from pug, however its gone up a lot since I bought it and at its current price I would not buy one. Like the guys above have said make one. It will be a lot cheaper and if you take your time, make it slightly to big then trim and file it to suit and weld the bugger you will have a top job on your hands. Post some pics up when your done :wub: