• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madspikes

Ms Closed Loop Idle Strange-ness

madspikes

Anyone ideas what is causing the oscillation on the idle valve! - red trace bottom plot

closedloop.jpg

and the settings...

idlevalvesettings.jpg

Got me stumped!

Mad :)

petert

Not sure, but it appears to correlate with movements in Graph 3. Is that the throttle position?

I ended up using a frequency of 30Hz, just above the making it rattle at 25-27Hz. Use the lowest frequency you can without it rattling.

The minimum duty cycle for 1000 rpm was 42%.

[L'e$kro]
Not sure, but it appears to correlate with movements in Graph 3. Is that the throttle position?

Hi Peter,

It looks like "Spark angle" is the one you're talking about. I guess it's ignition advance?

@Madspikes

Maybe you enabled an Idle control based on ignition advance as well as your mechanical ICV?

Nicolas

Edited by [L'e$kro]

madspikes

The pink trace you talk about in plot 3 is the spark angle. I have got a fixed angle of 8degree set, when the system goes into idle. So is happening in the plot, is that the idle valve snaps open fully and starts to look at the spark map, then slowly closes and once the idle mode criteria is meet the spark angle is fixed to 8 degrees. Once the idle valve is fully closed it snaps open again...

Blooody odd.

Not sure what is causing the ecu to make the valve open like this.

Mad.

Anthony

Does the ICV work correctly in open-loop?

madspikes
Does the ICV work correctly in open-loop?

Yep works correctly in open loop.

Something getting upset and making the valve open fully, in one go, and not stepping it open. Steps close as expected!

Mad