• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart1298

Wiring Loom From Xm

stuart1298

I've got the 2.0 8v turbo lump out the xm now, i've disconnected the loom at the round plug and rectangular plug that is by the battery, the thing thats confusing me is the loom thats stil part of the car has the wires for the fan, do i trace this back and disconnect it from there, or use the one in the 205, i still havent managedto track down a ready made loom so i plan to cut the old socket and use the plusg from the 205 and jus make it as a conversion plug, so then if i wanna take it out and put it in a better shell, or even make another loom so its nice and easy to make.

any help would be gratefully, appricated

Stu

welshpug

you don't need any of the XM's fan wiring, just retain the 205's wiring, which is totally independent of the engine wiring.

stuart1298
you don't need any of the XM's fan wiring, just retain the 205's wiring, which is totally independent of the engine wiring.

Top man, cheers fella, thats answered that question,

Any more help would be good

stuart1298

That lookslike it maybe of some help, my xm has a keypad immobiliser in it, do i need to find a way of cutting that out, or is it not connected to the ecu, i no if the key pad is removed the car turns over, but doesnt start, i ran a live to the pump and the car started, but i assume there may be issues with the fuel pressure, i could be wrong,

Daviewonder

Im sure ive heard that if you unplug the keypad while the engine is running it will leave the ecu unlocked as long as you dont plug the keypad back in ever.

Edited by Daviewonder

stuart1298
Im sure ive heard that if you unplug the keypad while the engine is running it will leave the ecu unlocked as long as you dont plug the keypad back in ever.

i have heard this to, only thing is the engine is already out... i'll jus have to see when i get the engine in the 205, but fingers crossed it only cuts out the fuel pump

stuart1298
This should help aswell mate

http://peugeot.mainspot.net/wiring605/xu10j2te.shtml

good luck

once again, thank you, looks a bit confusing tho, lol, gonna give it a go tho, cant really warrant spending 300 to get a loom made up, when the idea of the project car is to say, i done that! not paid to have it done by someone i dont even no, lol

Daviewonder

Im most of the way through a 2.0 turbo project and before I started it id never done any wiring but with a few late nights working out the wiring diagrams and using the search function and some help from a few members on here it soon became clear.

M@tt

£300 for connecting about 12 wires together :lol:

get studying that haynes digram its not that difficult!! check out the digram in my signature as well if you havent already :ph34r:

Edited by M@tt

stuart1298

wel the engines almost out the xm, drive shaft that goes through the engine mount to box isbeing stubborn, no matter how i try and get it out complete, the gear box andengine are seperated about an ince, torqure converter is apart, so when i get to the garage next gonna take an angle grinder, slide hammer, and recipricating saw with me, one way or another it will come apart, lol, but as soon as its out i wanna get rid of the xm, jus dont wannabin i off and stitch my self up with the, oh f**k i needed to keep that,

then gonna strip it the engine down, as i'll have the space, do all gaskets, belts, water pump, clean every thing, paint block, sump, and make sure all valves are tight, no slacking springs, and try n think wots common to go wrong, and renew/replace it before putting it in the 205 and fingers crossed saving me from having to take it out again

stuart1298
Heres a link to how the brown multiplugs are wired on the 205 (the ones down by the left side of the drivers footwell) these are the ones you will join to some of the XM ones.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?a...ost&id=3392

Thats the sort of diagram i can understand, lol, Davie, if we ever meet, i owe u a pint, lol

stuart1298

i spoke to soon, the top plug to the right, looks like it goes straigh back to the lower plug, except for the reverse which is one i probably wont even touch,,,

Daviewonder

When you look at the plugs yourself it will all make sense, I personally cut the 7 pin plug off and joined the wires from the 6 pin and 9 pin plugs to the turbo loom.

stuart1298
When you look at the plugs yourself it will all make sense, I personally cut the 7 pin plug off and joined the wires from the 6 pin and 9 pin plugs to the turbo loom.

gonna try n find my lamp tomorrow and have a look in the 205, can do it during the gonna try n get hold of a second 205 loom and play withthat to start with