• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GilesW

Are All 205 Lock Sets The Same?

GilesW

As title really.

Only my passanger door, ignition and petrol cap are on teh same key - infact the ONLY key.

As I'm about to bin the central locking I want to get a complete lock set (second hand) but want to know if they are all the same from any 205.

So are they?

Ie - ignitions, boot, petrol cap etc?

Also can the petrol cap locks be swapped over easily?

Any tips or tricks?

Cheers for any info

(oh and if you've got a complete set with two or more keys too please let me know - or see my wanted ad)

lagonda

Pretty certain all locks are the same on all models of 205. That said, I bought a new lock set for mine, & the glovebox lock was totally different from the original one.

The lock is integral with the petrol cap. You need to unclip the body colour outer section & the black lock surround trim & swap them over....unless of course your 2nd hand one is same body colour.

Incidentally the locks are completely separate from the central locking, so would have no bearing on what or how you fit.

GilesW

Cheers for the info fella. Very usefull.

I'll get my search started for a set then.

Cameron

You can buy a new set from Autofive, they're really bloody expensive though!

Does anybody know of another place you can get new lock sets from for less money? I'd really like a new set for mine.

Sorry for the hijack. :(

stuart1298

i no we do the citroeon ones at work, will look tomorrow for ya,

Daviewonder

I went to my local scrap yard and looked round the 205's for one with an intact lock set then asked the guy who worked there for the key, I made sure all the locks worked off one key and hey presto a complete lock set :(

and yes all models have the same lock set.

stuart1298

we do a full lock set 36.50 plus vat, 16 in the company, Euro Car Parts part number is 857735020 thats, boot, both doors, fuel cap, glove box and ignition barrel, complete with switch and loom

Baz
we do a full lock set 36.50 plus vat, 16 in the company, Euro Car Parts part number is 857735020 thats, boot, both doors, fuel cap, glove box and ignition barrel, complete with switch and loom

You'll be lucky! I bought a set from ECP a few years ago, complete set was more like £80odd, crap fit too. That sets probably just doors and ignition i should think, pretty sure of it, especially considering i just checked out the website and it doesn't give a lot of info and most sets are out of stock anyway. I've had a 309 set too, that was even more! :D

ham149

last time i purged the company stock of this, none had fuel or glove box locks cause i wanted a set so orderd about 5 up and phoned the other branches up. which branch do you work at stuart1298?

stuart1298
last time i purged the company stock of this, none had fuel or glove box locks cause i wanted a set so orderd about 5 up and phoned the other branches up. which branch do you work at stuart1298?

checking the picture that shows whats in the set thats what it shows, unless as per usual, we show one part, and have the stuff its listed with it doesn't come with,

I'm at Woodford formally East London,, u in ECP then?

ham149
checking the picture that shows whats in the set thats what it shows, unless as per usual, we show one part, and have the stuff its listed with it doesn't come with,

I'm at Woodford formally East London,, u in ECP then?

yes mate woking haha small world

stuart1298
yes mate woking haha small world

What a s*it company we work for, lol

the staff discount can be handy tho,

whats ya real name, if i need to order anything i no i'm speaking to someone with some sense, well as much sense as someone that owns a 205 and works for ECP can have, lol

oh yeah, poxy DVSE shows it as a full kit

ham149
What a s*it company we work for, lol

the staff discount can be handy tho,

whats ya real name, if i need to order anything i no i'm speaking to someone with some sense, well as much sense as someone that owns a 205 and works for ECP can have, lol

oh yeah, poxy DVSE shows it as a full kit

Graham im the Warehouse man\Dispatcher . Woking is only a slave branch from Guildford so no external calls but we have the new phone system here which is fun because the company listing dosnt work at all lol and the di's dot work either. The discount does help fund the 205 though. Dvse shows many things lol

stuart1298
Graham im the Warehouse man\Dispatcher . Woking is only a slave branch from Guildford so no external calls but we have the new phone system here which is fun because the company listing dosnt work at all lol and the di's dot work either. The discount does help fund the 205 though. Dvse shows many things lol

yeah, cock up after f*** up, after balls up, lol

mr_exe

Its not much fun for the customers either!