• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Masekwm

Mot - Way Over On Co2 And Hc

Masekwm

Hi,

I've got an Mi with bodies running an Emerald ECU. Just had it checked before it's mot and it's not going to go through on Emissions.

When I bought it, Bonzai said I'd need to adjust something on the ECU for the mot but I can't remember what it was. Anyone know what adjustment it could be?

Thanks

Keith

Anthony

Probably just pullng some fuel out on the idle load site to lean it out a bit - high CO and HC says that it's running too rich to me

No reason that you shouldn't be able to get it so that it will pass an MOT emissions test fine and still idle and behave OK though.

wildejon

If you are running emerald you should be able to do this live. I can't remember what page it was on but there was something really obvious on the emerald software to reduce the fuelling. Not got it on this PC to check.

Alternatively, you could get them to stick the pipe up a different car, not that I'm on advocate :)

Masekwm

Bonzai has kindly replied to my pm, it's a case of going into live adjustments and trimming the injection advance.

The station said it would have to be set up before the test and then turned back to usual after the emissions are checked, if only I had a laptop! I'll have to do it at home and then drive it round.

sideways danny

CO and HC isn't just down to fueling, ignition timing plays a part. Do you have a lambda sensor? if not i'd recommend adding one to your setup, there's NO downside once it's up and running

Miles

Emerald do a MOT sheet with the info on which key's etc to use, They will email this to you if asked

Simes
Bonzai has kindly replied to my pm, it's a case of going into live adjustments and trimming the injection advance.

The station said it would have to be set up before the test and then turned back to usual after the emissions are checked, if only I had a laptop! I'll have to do it at home and then drive it round.

This is my plan for mine which has high HC only on idle due to cams.

Download map to PC

Rename Map

Configure Emerald to hold 2 maps

Fit switch to Emerald so as to switch between maps

Upload renamed map to Emerald as map 2.

Tweek it to pass on HC

Set rev limiter to 3krpm

save adjustments.

Leave in the hands of MOT tester.

Simes
This is my plan for mine which has high HC only on idle due to cams.

Download map to PC

Rename Map

Configure Emerald to hold 2 maps

Fit switch to Emerald so as to switch between maps

Upload renamed map to Emerald as map 2.

Tweek it to pass on HC

Set rev limiter to 3krpm

save adjustments.

Leave in the hands of MOT tester.

Scrap that idea, tried it today - mine doesn't run lean on idle!