• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
martin81

"mayo" In Oilfiller Cap After Modification

martin81

Hi.. After fitting a skimmed and refurbeded xu10 head on my xu9 block(1,9 cti), i'm experiencing "mayonaise" in the oil filler cap...

while the old head was off, i accidently rotated the crank and thereby moved the pistons without locking the cylinders/liners BUT I watched them closely and they didn't move at all...

Im thinking that its either the high compression that has ruined the headgasket or maybe some holes didn't match up between xu10 head and xu9 block

any ideas or experience with such problems??

I used the xu9 headgasket as I was told....

Pazzapug
Hi.. After fitting a skimmed and refurbeded xu10 head on my xu9 block(1,9 cti), i'm experiencing "mayonaise" in the oil filler cap...

while the old head was off, i accidently rotated the crank and thereby moved the pistons without locking the cylinders/liners BUT I watched them closely and they didn't move at all...

Im thinking that its either the high compression that has ruined the headgasket or maybe some holes didn't match up between xu10 head and xu9 block

any ideas or experience with such problems??

I used the xu9 headgasket as I was told....

Iv always got mayo in my oil filler cap, but mine is due to condensation, pretty normal for a 205 i hear!

welshpug

I would take the sump off and pressure test the cooling system :unsure:

Edited by welshpug

Anthony

Is there mayo in the oil? It's fairly normal to get it in the oil filler during winter, but if there's some in the oil, then you've got issues.

The oil and waterways line up fine between an XU9 bottom end and XU10 head when using an XU9 gasket btw - that's the combination I run without issue. Some XU10 gaskets are a bit marginal between the main oilway to the head and the coolant space around the liners, some are fine.

martin81

I haven't checked the Oil for "Mayo".. Will it be visible at oilchange?? I have removed the metalspunge i the cap although it looked fine.. I read somewhere Thaysen it could rust and fall apart into the oil and mess up inside..

But its normal with "mayo" i oilcap dyring winter???

How will I check for coolant in the oil???

sideways danny

mine was the same after i swapped heads. I believe i've disturbed the liner seals. I'm putting a 1.9 in it tomorrow

martin81

But I dont think Ive disburbed the liners... they didnt move at all!!

Unless its impossisble to see

welshpug

its impossible to tell if you have damaged the seals until the cooling system is pressurised unless they are very badly damaged and the coolant pours straight out into the sump.

Tom Fenton

Pull the dipstick, if it comes out covered in light grey soupy s*it then there is water in the oil, and the liner seals have failed.

Sign in to follow this