• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ddoherty406

Upgrading Standard Fixed Rear Windows.

ddoherty406

Im a newbie to the 205 and this forum so plz forgive my ignorance. I did a good few searchs there but cant find any info on this. Im looking to know if it was at all possible to remove the fixed rear windows from an Inca diesel and put in the pop out 1s?

swordfish210

Anythings possible. Be prepared for them to leak though.

ddoherty406

lol very ture. I just think they look better, and was hoping id just have to maybe bolt them straight on and change the window seal. When i searched a i did notice a good few threads on replacing leaking ones. Probably not worth the hassle then. Leaks are bad. lol

Leet205

yes, its possible. All mounting points are there. i did this on my base model long ago! iirc i rivited the window brackets in (cant remeber if you need to do it or i done it as a lazy option)

just get all the stuff from a gti and away you go! dont chuck out the old rubbers as someone on here might have them off you to fit perspex windows :lol: