• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lewis205mi

Mi16 Tacho Pin On Coil

Lewis205mi

Which pin does the rev counter get its signal from of the coil?

Ive been trying to fix my rev counter and have noticed that the green wire which comes of pin 4 on the brown plug isnt attached to anything.

Any advice much appreciated

GLPoomobile

Depending on which way around you are looking at it, it'll be either 1 or 4.

On mine the layout is

1 - Turquoise tacho wire

2 - Purple to ign amp

3 - blue and orange - blue to brown plug pin 9 (switched live) and orange to ign amp

4 - yellow to fuel injection relay

So the wire you've described that isn't attached should be the one you are after. It should be a thick shielded wire.

petert

They're wired in pairs, connected internally. Pins 1 and 2 are the negative (tacho) side of the coil. Pins 3 and 4 are the +12V side (and capacitor/suppressor). Pin 2 on the coil connects directly to pin 1 on the ignitor. The tacho connects to pin 1 on the coil.

Edited by petert

Lewis205mi

cheers for the info peeps, i seem to have 3 green and one large yellow wire coming out of the coil.

The green wire which isnt attached says number 4 on the side of the plug.

I noticed that there is a little connecting block near by on the loom which has a yellow wire going into it but nothing coming out the other end of the block could this be were the green wire should connect?

Thanks again

pug_ham

It sounds like you have a BX loom in your car, if there are two wires in the small connecting block with the spare yellow wire, a thin green one & thicker yellow, iirc the green one is the tacho wire & needs connecting to get yours working.

Graham.

Lewis205mi

Ok thanks alot il give it a try.

Lewis