• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest voiture de sport

Hesitant Whilst Driving

al_gee82
:D

I replaced the spark plugs, ht leads, rotor arm and dizzy cap, all bosch items. Cleaned out the throttle body, airflow meter and all relevant breather hoses with carb cleaner. The car nows runs better since I have had it. (Only a couple of weeks). I also adjusted the air screw as the car was running very rich on fuel and was idling at approx 1400 revs.

The car is very responsive and smooth at all speeds.

Next on my list is:-

Oil flush and change with oil filter, sump plug and Mobil semi synthetic 10-40w oil.

Coolant flush.

Cambelt and other relevant belt changes.

Brake check and all fuel pipe and brake pipe checks.

New fuel filter.

Complete waxoil on the whole body of the car including the doors, bonnet etc etc

Paint to be waxed.

Whole interior valet.

And anything else that needs doing ready for the spring. A very thorough service. B)

Hi there, glad to hear you got this sorted - I'm having the same problems with my 1.6 so it's good to know of some possible causes and solutions as these engines are a nightmare when it comes to electrical/ignition issues.

Where abouts did you get the Bosch HT leads from as I popped down the local halfrauds today and they don't stock them for a 205 anymore apparently! Was it from an online source or from your local factors?

Thanks for your help. :D

Al.

Guest voiture de sport

I went onto ebay and ordered them from Powersparks (Yates & Bloomfield). Brand new in a box.

I had the same problem at Halfrauds. No help and not interested.

I hope you can sort your car out.

al_gee82
I went onto ebay and ordered them from Powersparks (Yates & Bloomfield). Brand new in a box.

I had the same problem at Halfrauds. No help and not interested.

I hope you can sort your car out.

Thanks mate, me too!

Sign in to follow this