• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest lukeyg

1.9 8v Bike Carbs.. What Size?

Guest lukeyg

hi i have just bought a 1.9 gti with cbr 600 carbs... to me it doesnt feel any where near quick enough? are the carbs off a 600 just not up to the job?? what would be better? cheers

Galifrey
hi i have just bought a 1.9 gti with cbr 600 carbs... to me it doesnt feel any where near quick enough? are the carbs off a 600 just not up to the job?? what would be better? cheers

Might be a little small, but I cannot remember the bore/choke size, R1 carbs are the best as far as I know.

Cameron

Have they been set up properly? When I put my 1.9 on R1 carbs years ago it was well down on power and really lean, fitted larger main jets and it went like stink. :unsure:

Guest lukeyg

dont know if they are set up right? its quick up to about 60 and just wont pull after 80? dont want to spend money at a rolling road to find out that i the carbs are too small anyway? another question.. if i buy some 1000 carbs i wont have to change the fue pump that is on the car now wil i? cheers

Galifrey
dont know if they are set up right? its quick up to about 60 and just wont pull after 80? dont want to spend money at a rolling road to find out that i the carbs are too small anyway? another question.. if i buy some 1000 carbs i wont have to change the fue pump that is on the car now wil i? cheers

Unlikely, it should have the fuel pressure setup about right already.

Before you change them you should check the fueling is OK to determine whether they are too small or just not setup, otherwise you could end up with the same problems later.

Miles

And make sure it's not one of the horrid unequal length inlet manifolds.

Sign in to follow this