• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pug309twin40s

1.9td Boost Gauge Fitting

pug309twin40s

i have a citreon xantia 1995 1.9 turbo diesel and have brought a boost gauge but cant see where to fit the vacuum hose/t-peice? wiring is all in.

anyone help?

Galifrey
i have a citreon xantia 1995 1.9 turbo diesel and have brought a boost gauge but cant see where to fit the vacuum hose/t-peice? wiring is all in.

anyone help?

Wastegate servo actuator pipe is the usual place

welshpug

on the TD engine the pipe from the hot pipe or intercooler to the Boost enrichment capsule on the top or side of the fuel pump is the usual place, the wastegate actuator often has no external boost pipes (if its a KKK), and if they do are pretty much inaccessible (Garrett T2)

welshpug

indeed it is :D

pug309twin40s

finally got the boost gauge plummed in and working ;)

quick spin round the block showing nearly 18psi! i thought standard was about 13/14psi??

foreigner

have you played with the turbo and fuelling?? It looks like someone already done the phase 1 tuning.

They say you can go 20 but that's max, but hey you can find new turbo cheap.

pug309twin40s

nope havent touched the turbo or fuelling,

car was owned by an old guy before me for years so cant see him playing with the settings..

welshpug

that's pretty good, many after time struggle to hit the standard 14 psi, yours having a front mounted intercooler can cope with a touch more as standard, as it is I'd be tempter to add a little more fuel on the pump as long as it's not smoking a lot at the moment.

pug309twin40s
that's pretty good, many after time struggle to hit the standard 14 psi, yours having a front mounted intercooler can cope with a touch more as standard, as it is I'd be tempter to add a little more fuel on the pump as long as it's not smoking a lot at the moment.

i might have a tweak of the fuelling,

there is not 1 bit of black smoke.. and the engine has just hit 165000!!

1 other thing do you know how to adjust the idle speed as it idles at 1100rpm at the moment?

welshpug

Is that warm or cold? it should be 850-900 warm.

Check that the cold start advance cable is slack when the engine is warm, then at the rear of the fuel pump there are two slotted screws with 10mm locknuts, the left hand one is the warm idle speed, right hand is the cold idle speed stop that the cold start advance cable pulls against.

there is also a screw that acts directly on the accelerator lever.

pug309twin40s

warm, when first started its at 900rpm then when warm its at 1100rpm,

cheers i'll have a look later.

Sign in to follow this