• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flipperthebushkangaroo

09/2000 Peugeot 106 1.1 Zest Problems

flipperthebushkangaroo

Hello,

As above really main problem is that it (daughters pride and joy) has now got an engine diagnostics light on all the time and runs rough as a bag of nails any suggestions or experiences appreciated (can you get a reader for diagnostics for this car & would it help).

Second issue is radio removal has anyone got a picture of the correct CD/radio removal tool for this car it seems to just have one hole per side at the same point you would expect to find the top one if it had a pair each side (if that makes sense?).

As ever your help is greatly appreciated

Roddie

Wes

stereo removal is easy. its the same as a radio with 2 hols each side. just take your normal D shape tool and bend it so you stick one prong in the hole. once in the holes put a little pressure outwards on the tools and pull the radio out. sorry i cant help with the other issue.

flipperthebushkangaroo

Hello again,

Update still hoping for your help :rolleyes:

Have still got a problem on my daughters 106 Zest 2 1.1, the engine diagnosis light has come on from start, AA reset light and did diagnosis getting fault code P0300 with random misfire. The report said suspect ignition coil pack. I have replecad the coil pack and the engine now runs nice and smoothly but the light is still on. Does the light need to be reset or have i still got a problem? If the light needs reseting how can i do this? do i need a tool to reset?

Thank you all in advance for your help

Roddie

Paul_13

Was having a read of a few things on google and it says search 106 ecu reset, i'm waiting for results to load...

But does a 1.1 have an ecu?

allye
Was having a read of a few things on google and it says search 106 ecu reset, i'm waiting for results to load...

But does a 1.1 have an ecu?

Yes.

Paul_13

Quite a few sites seem to think if you do an ECU reset and then take the car for a sensible drive, it can turn the light off as the sensors reset and re-configure themselves.

Which means it can perform around a dodgy sensor (within limits) and keep the light off :rolleyes:

flipperthebushkangaroo

Thanks very much will have another play tomorrow and let you know how i get on :rolleyes:

Roddie

flipperthebushkangaroo

Well the saga continues, disconnected the battery for an hour and then reconnected light still on :blush::lol:

Will try driving it to work and back (about 20 miles) tomorrow otherwise i feel a trip to the garage comming on :)

Thanks for the advic as ever though

Roddie

flipperthebushkangaroo

Well as i said before thank you all for the advice. took it for a drive today. after i had driven about 10 miles and switched it off it failed to start at first try then at second attempt it started and the light went out and stayed out. So far so god looks like you have cracked it for me once again. :lol:

Thankyou ll once more

Roddie

Paul_13

Nice to hear you've got it working