• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey sprocket

Driver's Seat Belt Anchor Stopped Working Today..

davey sprocket

I'm going to stop fixing things on my car..... every time I fix one thing, something else completely unrelated stops working!! :)

On Sunday I oiled the door and bonnet hinges and took the rear quarter window seals out and cleaned them up. Not more creaky doors, no more leaky windows!! Hurrah! :)

Today the driver's seat belt anchor (the bit the buckle clicks into) refuses to latch onto the buckle. :) Drove to work and back with it plugged into the passenger side anchor.

Have tried oiling it in case the mechansim was stuck but no different.

Are the driver and passenger ones both the same?? If I do need to get another anchor, are they unique to the Gti, or to 205's? Any other cars use the same anchor? I guess I'd frighten myself if I knew how much they cost from a Peugeot dealer!? Enough questions in one paragraph?

EdCherry

Definatly not enough questions in one paragraph.

Pretty sure drivers/passengers are the same, sure someone has a spare one so you can replace the non working one at some point too (looking at you Baz!)

davey sprocket
Definatly not enough questions in one paragraph.

Pretty sure drivers/passengers are the same, sure someone has a spare one so you can replace the non working one at some point too (looking at you Baz!)

Yeah, I'm sure someone must have one.

It's one of those parts you'd like to have known the vehicle it came from hadn't been in an accident though isn't it!

Not that I know the history of the current belts!? :)

I'll have another play in the morning with some daylight..... just realised that I spent some time fumbling around trying to get a spanner on the anchor bolt in the dark and was struggling because there's no clearance against the handbrake surround...... when all I had to do was flip the seat up and sit the other side!!!

DOH!! :)

Tomorrow is another day as they say!

EdCherry

Remember the anchor bolts are imperial :)

davey sprocket
Remember the anchor bolts are imperial :)

:)

The anchor bolts were completely invisible in the dim glow of the interior light!!

It was pick a spanner that looked like it matched the size bolt I could feel with my fingertips! :)

Thanks for the heads up!

Thinks out loud to himself....the anchor does go up with the seat when raised doesn't it??

Edited by davey sprocket

EdCherry

Think its about 9/16 although dont quote me on that!

davey sprocket
Think its about 9/16 although dont quote me on that!

Hmmm.... well I think the drink must have won the argument with Mr Cherry last night..... right and left anchors are not the same and the bolt is 17mm of the metric variety. :lol:

I can feel bits rattling around inside the anchor unit now I've got it off, so some part of the latch mechanism has decided that 20 years is all it wanted to do.

Will stop by at the local breakers in a mo, but not very hopefull there'll be a car there (well, OK there'll be cars there I guess!).

So there might be a shout for one going out later!

steve@cornwall

2 sizes available - General rule of thumb is that they changed when the seat material did (G reg -at some point!) later ones have a thinner latch

pug_ham

They are sided left & right due to how they fit to the seat subframe so you will need a right hand one.

Like Steve says though, they do differ through the years.

GRaham.

davey sprocket

Oh man!!! There's another week gone then!!

I did get as far as the local scrappy last Saturday but they now charge a fee to get into the yard (OK, so its years since I've been there or any scrap yard if I'm honest but what!!!???? They couldn't even tell me if they had a 205 in the yard, let alone know whether it had the bits on it I needed) so turned on my heel and left.

I'll make a couple of inquiries and if they don't produce one, I'll put up a wanted post.

Not been a big problem in the week, just getting the mile or so to work and back. Bit stuck if anyone ever wants a lift though.

Not that many people dare get in the car anyways! :lol:

davey sprocket
2 sizes available - General rule of thumb is that they changed when the seat material did (G reg -at some point!) later ones have a thinner latch

Hey, guess what year the car is!!!!! :lol:

Thanks Steve (and Graham)

davey sprocket

Well, the sad demise of Richsmell's 1.6 has yielded the appropriate seat belt anchor.

Many thanks mate! (and for the cuppa)

richsmells

T'was a pleasure! :angry: