• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kruder

Dash Lights Not Working

kruder

The dash lights on my pug dont come on when the headlights are switched on, apart from the light indicating the headlights are on..hope that makes sense....

I have no manual so I dont know which fuse is which.

Is this a fuse problem or something else..

If it is a fuse problem them which fuse is it?

Cheers guys

Goliath

Check your fuses first, from memory it should be the 2nd or 3rd fuse in from the right inside the glovebox fusebox.

hengti

the panel lights come on with the sidelights so, if it were a fuse problem, you'd have no sidelights either. not sure which fuse it is

there are individual bulbs for the panel lamps and they do go, but it'd be freakish if they were all to fail - may be a connector problem at the back of the speedo binnacle if it's not the fuse?

bondo

You haven't dimmed them right down by accident have you? I didn't realise there was a dimmer switch for years after having the car.

Goliath

Oh yes, I forgot to say about the dimmer switch under the steering wheel, it may be broken, try unplugging it and bridging the 2 contacts to see if it lights up.

If its not a fuse or the dimmer switch it could well be a broken track on the clock unit, I had that just a couple of weeks ago.