• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CaptainP

106 1.1 Single Point Injection Engine (series 1)

CaptainP

Quick question, does the 106 1.1 single point injection engine have an alloy or iron block? Just to settle my curiousity. Anyone experienced an oil leak from behind the alternator area? Looks like I've got a fun Sunday planned on the missus 106...... ;)

Cheers Steve

DamirGTI

Dunno precisely but me think it's iron block ;) if it leaks (oil) above the the alternator it'll most certainly be this :

efw.jpg

dth.jpg

... elastomer "Vitone" element breakdown , which is quite common on TU engines ..

Damir :lol:

EDIT : it'll be aluminium block , this one on the pic is 1.1 , so the 1.4/1.6's will be iron ...

Edited by DamirGTI

Sandy

All TU 1.1s are alloy block.

CaptainP

Thanks guys, I suspected something more serious than a "slight oil leak" as it's been losing oil for a few months and over the past couple of weeks it's really been chucking it out. Ah well, it's been a great little car and I haven't spent much on it at all over the past 7 years.... Oh & Sandy I think you live just up the road from me.