• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Full Beam Switch

ALEX

The full beam stopped working lastnight I can flash the lights with the headlights off, but the switch that holds them on feels as if its broken

Anyone had there headlight stalk in bits?

DamirGTI
Anyone had there headlight stalk in bits?

.. i did , but i havent fixed it :D couldn't find anything inside that looks odd/wrong/broken :)

Damir B)

ALEX

Thanks for that!

:)

I'll give this topic a couple of days before I put up a wanted ad.

will.m

same thing happened to a friend of mine, best bet is to simply replace the stalk imo :)

DamirGTI

This the full beam switching malfunction is most common stalk problem , i've had it on three stalks by now , tried to repair all of them but i just couldn't figure out which bit wears out that makes this problem ?!? and there's quite a lot of small plastic bits pieces springs etc. inside which just adds up to the confusion (and theres slight difference in stalk internal bits , two of them where identical but the third one was different .. and they where all Ph1.5/2 type stalks so not a Ph1 which is , obviously , completely different design ..) :)

Damir :lol:

steve@cornwall

Do your driving lights work? Seems a strange question but if you have a bad earth on the headlights,sometimes the main beam doesn't stay on, but the driving lights don't go off! Worth checking the earths anyway?

ALEX

No, it's definatly the switch, Like Damir I've had this problem before with my XS years ago, a new stalk fixed it then.

I can get the full beam to stay on if I turn the lights on while pulling back for full beam, but then I can't click them off with out turning the lights off and on again.

I use the Full beam quite alot so It makes sense it's worn out. I might have a spare yet anyway, just remebered a box of bits I have in the attic.

ALEX

Replaced it this weekend with one from a J plate base model 205 in a scrappers, the dash was brown but the switches were black phase 2 type.

It only had 30,000 miles on the clock too and looked quite tidy.

It's was a different make to my existing one with Jager (I think it was spelt) written on it. And it cost me a tenner. :) but it fit OK.

It's fixed it, but now the flash is a bit tempremental I think the contacts for it are dirty or something, The door was open on the car I took it out of so some rain had got in, but at least the switch for the main beam works now.

I can see the flash pissing me off when I need to use it, but finding 205's in scrappers is getting quite hard.

I was thinking is there any other Peugeot (newer) that uses the same stalk?

Edited by ALEX

richsmells

I bought a new Valeo one from GSF and had my car smashed up a week later :lol:

ALEX

Sorry to here that rich!

Vandals or somone run into it?

how much was the new one?

Edited by ALEX

richsmells

Someone drove into me on the motorway. ;) I'll be breaking the car once the insurer pays up.

It was about £45 ish :rolleyes: PM me if you're interested, i've got the box and receipt.

Edited by richsmells