• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chicargo

Help Needed: 1.9 Gti Rattle From Cam/inlet Valve

DamirGTI

.. it was detonation then :)

Dunno about ignition timing setup with the strobe light , i like to do that "by ear" :rolleyes:

Damir B)

luke1987
probably a lot easier than finding a decent interior, ive been looking for one fairly close to manchester and there like hens teeth.

If you need an interior arahan told me theres a decent phase 2 interior in autosave in bury dont know if its still there though.

chicargo
If you need an interior arahan told me theres a decent phase 2 interior in autosave in bury dont know if its still there though.

cheers for that, just looked them up on google and got their number, i'll give em a ring tomorrow. would be ideal as not that far from where i live. nice one. all the best si

Galifrey

So got the symptom right, just wrong cause

:)

chicargo
So got the symptom right, just wrong cause

:)

spot on mate, i wouldnt have belived detonation could have sounded like that, ive had cars in the past with bad timming but they never sounded as bad as that. funny thing is, before i had 3 days of taking the rocker off, dizzy out, changing the oil/petrol i was thinking of checking the timming but just thought it couldnt be the timming/detonation as the rattle sounded so bad and the car started/ran & ticked over so well. just goes to show how a person can be blinded with a problem and start looking at the wrong thing, just glad it hasnt cost me big bucks, all the best. si

chicargo
.. it was detonation then :)

Damir :ph34r:

yep, i'll have to try listening to people in future, that post you did on the dizzy with pictures was well sorted, gives you a good idea of what to expect when you strip a dizzy, cheers. take it easy. si

chicargo

cheers for the heads up on the interior, i phoned the next morning but theyd sold it, downer, if anybody else out there knows where i can get a decent half leather full interior for a 88 1.9 gti near to manchester give us a shout. all the best, si

Sign in to follow this