• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sergio205

Coil Pack Plug (+)

Sergio205

Hello!

Could anyone help me identifing a wire which gets out of a plug connected to teh coil pack on my TU1M engine?

It is of white color and about 5 centimiters long. Here is a photo:

post-12261-1259004104_thumb.jpg

PVFCpug

Is that actually connected to the HT side of life? Or is there a small terminal there that I cannot see.

Guest torbes

In my 94er Forever this Plug can also be found... It´s obviously unused... perhaps the signal of the crankshaft´s angle-sensor can be taken from it in case you intend to control the ignition / injection timings?

Has anyone further informations? ...

By the way: My Forever´s got the magneti-marelli motor-management.

cheers, tob

Edited by torbes

Sergio205
Is that actually connected to the HT side of life? Or is there a small terminal there that I cannot see.

What is HT?

One end is connected to loom which comes to the coil pack and another one has a terminal, female type.

Sergio205
In my 94er Forever this Plug can also be found... It´s obviously unused... perhaps the signal of the crankshaft´s angle-sensor can be taken from it in case you intend to control the ignition / injection timings?

Has anyone further informations? ...

By the way: My Forever´s got the magneti-marelli motor-management.

cheers, tob

Mine has MM as well.

PVFCpug
What is HT?

One end is connected to loom which comes to the coil pack and another one has a terminal, female type.

Sorry HT is High Tension which is the High Voltage Spark plug leads. The fact it has a terminal on it means it is not HT. Is it the output to the Rev Counter?

welshpug

most likely to be a suppressor to suppress interference.

Edited by welshpug

Sergio205
Sorry HT is High Tension which is the High Voltage Spark plug leads. The fact it has a terminal on it means it is not HT. Is it the output to the Rev Counter?

I also think that it's for a rev counter but never tried to get one connected. Did anyone ever tried to get a signal from this terminal to the Rev Counter?